Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping problems

Sleeping problems

hi all i have been on cit for second time for 8 weeks in total,nearly 6 on 20mg. I have had some improvement tho still somewhat anxious and still depressed. im also having problems with sleep that i didnt have at the begining. I can get to sleep ok but i wake a lot i the night. its like im startled awake, often have to then do a weird body stretch thing and feel really anxious. sometimes sweating, heart racing etc. I'll calm down get back to sleep and then it will happen again. Could be 4 or 5 times in a night, seems to often be when im in REM sleep. Has anyone else had this? Does it go away? i find it really disturbing and unsettling and its not a good way to start the day. It also makes me not want to go to sleep.
    thanks

Re: Sleeping problems

I used to have this- not too long ago- a couple of weeks ago around 6 weeks on therapeutic dose too. It seems to have stopped now after only a week. I have also tried magnesium which seems to help. I know how frustrating it is- but it will go xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Windywel View Post
    hi all i have been on cit for second time for 8 weeks in total,nearly 6 on 20mg. I have had some improvement tho still somewhat anxious and still depressed. im also having problems with sleep that i didnt have at the begining. I can get to sleep ok but i wake a lot i the night. its like im startled awake, often have to then do a weird body stretch thing and feel really anxious. sometimes sweating, heart racing etc. I'll calm down get back to sleep and then it will happen again. Could be 4 or 5 times in a night, seems to often be when im in REM sleep. Has anyone else had this? Does it go away? i find it really disturbing and unsettling and its not a good way to start the day. It also makes me not want to go to sleep.
    thanks
    Hi, as we get older our sleep patterns can change. When we're young we still wake up several times a night but we don't remember it, but as we age we do. Anxiety can cause sleep issues and also some autoimmune conditions too.

It could be that the cit doesn't agree with you, I can't take it, it gives me anxiety. I can only take the old tricyclics. I take a low dose amitriptyline (10mgs) for sleep. It helps a bit but I still wake up several times a night. It's a pattern I've had for years so I try not to worry about it, the more you worry about sleeping the worse it becomes.

I see you're from NZ ... windy Wellington I presume

Thanks Wise Monkey I am indeed from Wellington. This is my second time on citalopram and it worked well for me last time which is why I’m back on it but it isn’t working so well this time. I don’t mind waking up - it’s the being startled awake with anxiety that troubles me.

Thanks Sally. I’ve already had it for a couple of weeks and it doesn’t seem to be letting up. Some nights it’s only one or 2 times but other nights it could be 4 or 5. Did you see the message I sent you?

Hope things improve Windywel.

good morning Windy how are you this morning?

Hi June I’m ok how are you doing?

Thats good to hear. I'm still , trying to keep going on my 60mg dose of duloxotine. one day at a time sometimes seconds at a time. thank god for evenings. just so flat and tired but my head is having none of it. its constantly looking for distraction, but the body cant be bothered. been decorating the last 2 weeks and the novelty has worn very thin.

Hun Windywel
    i m in 3rd week of 10mg, also having problem with my sleep, keep waking up about 2am and struggle to go back to sleep , I felt like a zombie at work today . So as I m taking my dose in the evening, will give it a miss tonight and take it tomorrow morning instead , see if that will help with my sleep .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information