Thread: Ovarian cancer - help :( (incl shoulder pain)

Ovarian cancer - help :( (incl shoulder pain)

Hi All
    I am 27yrs old! Convinced I have ovarian cancer!
    I wrote on this thread a while back but because of shoulder/collarbone pain. I’ll give you a little background.... I keep having this pain that happens at anytime (it isn’t exasperated if I move my arms or sit in a certain position) it happens when I’m resting and happens when I’m moving but sporadically. You may be thinking the subject doesn’t relate to this opening of the story but there is a link! I will also let you know I have been having monthly woman issues for the past year (very painful cramps that knock me for six for a few days, I have to take time off work I am in that much pain, I get nauseous, hot flushes and feel so rough at that time of the month) I went to my docs because of this but he dismissed me and just basically said get on with it. There’s been a change in my period for the last 6-8 months where its mostly blood clots and not much blood. This has been worrying me but I haven’t plucked up the courage to go docs. Also, for the last month I have been really bloated (I am slim and have always had a flat stomach) for whatever reason I cannot get rid of this bloat.... I’m eating the same foods and drinking the same (I only drink water and eat pretty healthy) but it’s just constantly bloated. I get the odd pelvic pain here and there too. Anyway, silly me googled shoulder pain etc and lower behold, ovarian cancer can cause shoulder pain! I have now linked the 2 together and am convinced I have ovarian cancer. To top it off my Nan had it in her early 30’s but luckily was saved by surgery!

I am going to try book a docs appointment but I am honestly now freaking out. There’s too many conicidences to be just a coincidence!

:( I am soo worried now! Anyone else had my symptoms and turned out all OK nothing to worry about?

Any posts on here would be much appreciated!

Re: Ovarian cancer - help :( (incl shoulder pain)

Sorry you’re so worried. It could be the worry that’s affecting your periods and bloating etc.
    It’s extremely unlikely for someone your age to have ovarian cancer. I’ve looked into it a lot because I have an ovarian cyst.
    I would definitely go to see your doctor, and tell them what you’ve told us today, perhaps they will send you for an internal ultrasound to rule out a cyst too, and get to the bottom of what’s causing the symptoms x

Hi @Scass thanks for your reply. I have only just started worrying.... my periods have changed for around 6 months now. So I do not think worrying is a factor contributing towards this. I know I am only 27, but one, my Nan had it in her early 30’s and two, ive seen girls as young as 21 diagnosed.
    May I please ask regarding your cyst, does it give you pain at all in your shoulder/a or collarbone area? Do you get really bad periods with it and loads of clots?
    I have managed to book an appointment for later this afternoon. I am so sick with worry now :( x

I do get funny periods, but no shoulder pain. Because of your family history I expect they’ll push you forward, but I still wouldn’t be too concerned.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Any updates? I’m currently in a Similar position and also have the shoulder pain...

Thread Information