Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diazepam to Pregabelin presciption

Re: Diazepam to Pregabelin presciption

Quote Originally Posted by tamo View Post
    I started to get loads of wierd sensations about 6 days after my last diazepam
    Which points the finger squarely at diazepam withdrawal.

I started on pregabalin 13 days before my last diazepam (physchiatrist instructions) .
    Sounds like it may have been prescribed more to lessen the diazepam withdrawal symptoms than to treat anxiety, though that seems to have changed with the dose increase recommendation.

This drug is not for me , I'm going back to basics and use the tools I learned years ago , deep breathing ,more exercise , meditation if I can .
    Hope it works for you. Exercise stimulates the growth of new brain cells in the hippocampal regions of the brain, the same process by which antidepressants work, albeit with less potency. So do Omega-3/fish oil supplement, btw.

I have never heard of pregabalin being used for depression as it's meant to calm things down .
    It isn't, except as a supplement to ADs for anxious depression, plus there is some evidence that it may aid the maturation of brain cells in the hippocampus, but it remains to be seen if this is clinically significant.

Pregabalin has essentially the same affect as benzodiazepine (BZDs), but does it from the opposite direction. BZDs increase the influx of negatively charged chlorine ions into neurons which makes it harder for them to increase their electrical charge to the 'firing' potential. Pregabalin (and gabapentin) produce the same outcome by reducing the influx of positively charged calcium ions.

Re: Diazepam to Pregabelin presciption

With hindsight I should have let the diazepam withdrawal run its course ,do what it does which isn't pleasant at all . Having introduced pregabalin before and during withdrawal from Diazepam condused / confuses me as I dont know whats causing me to feel so bad . Anyway I have decided not to increase Pregabalin but to reduce and quit them.

Interesting information P-D-U , Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information