Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slept for most of the day.

Slept for most of the day.

To reiterate I'm on diazepam (2mg x 3 times day), promazine (25mg 4 times a day x2 at bed) and paroxetine (40mg once per day).

Recently meds have been up and down because of issues with doctor etc. There has been days I've missed a dose this past week or so.

I'm just worried because today I've slept for most of the day. All throughout and I still feel tired. I think I've missed a dose of meds during sleep. I'm so forgetful on these meds. I also attempted to quit smoking today. Made it 24 hours then caved.

The sleep concerns me that I've slept so long. Is this expected?

Re: Slept for most of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    To reiterate I'm on diazepam (2mg x 3 times day), promazine (25mg 4 times a day x2 at bed) and paroxetine (40mg once per day).
    You're back on diazepam? I thought it had been stopped.

I think I've missed a dose of meds during sleep. I'm so forgetful on these meds.

...The sleep concerns me that I've slept so long. Is this expected?
    Maybe. Promazine can be very sedating, though you're on a relatively low dose, and while diazepam can be too, given how long you've been on it tolerance to the sedation would probably have developed long ago. It usually only takes a week or two. The wildcard is the paroxetine. SSRIs are generally activating, however, some have paradoxical reactions. Or it might just be the combination is having a stronger overall affect than the individual drugs would suggest.

I suggest you discuss this with your GP, or psychiatrist asap, because being so sedated that you're missing med doses isn't good. In the mean time maybe program a reminder timer into your phone, or computer to alert you.

The opinions expressed above are based on my observations and, where applicable, interpretation of cited data and are general in nature. Consult your physician before acting on anything stated.

I thought your partner was managing your meds?

I just wish I could have a sleep in the day. I am tired but not from meds blaming it on this oppressive heat, I get angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn1 View Post
    I just wish I could have a sleep in the day. I am tired but not from meds blaming it on this oppressive heat, I get angry.
    You and me both Quinn

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

I am tired but not from meds blaming it on this oppressive heat
    As an ex crow eater I feel your pain. I'm a climate change refugee. Paid a people smuggling operation to take me to Tasmania and have applied for asylum. Think I stand a good chance of getting it, but it is proving an expensive undertaking. Tassie isn't a cheap backwater any more. I've heard those found to not be genuine CC refugees are sent to their Macquarie Island detention centre. I bought a tux so I will fit in with the M.I. locals just in case.

The opinions expressed above are based on my observations and, where applicable, interpretation of cited data and are general in nature. Consult your physician before acting on anything stated.

It still gets hot in Tassie, I just looked at my map of Tassieand found I place called Cockle Creek,it looks like a nice place,I will join you on M.I. I adore the locals but blimey they smell.

Map of Tassie??

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

It still gets hot in Tassie,
    Down south we get the occasional day in the mid to upper 30s C, but at least it almost always cools down by nightfall so sleep is rarely an issue. Which beats the 2 or 3 week long heat waves of high 30s, low 40s daytime temps with nights in the 25-35 degrees which are the norm in SA in January and February. For some reason the north Tassie coast is much cooler, temps above about 31 C are uncommon.

found I place called Cockle Creek
    Go fishing around there a couple of times a week in summer and autumn. Great for flathead, trout and atlantic salmon escapees from the fish farms after a blow. Waiting for my new boat to arrive from NZ so I can try my hand at catching lobster and stripey trumpeter.

Up here in the far north of the country it is the humidity that saps the life out of me.I just watched the weather report and snow is predicted in Tassie! that’s it I am on my way down.
    You mentioned fishing,I hooked a Marlin yep but I tired out and the decky took over,a beautiful day.
    Flathead and Whiting are my favourite to catch and eat.Coral trout is overrated.
    Do you go fishing often? I used to go quite a lot,but unfortunately not much anymore,But when you get your new boat I will invite myself along to catch those Atlantic salmon you speak of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information