Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Diagnosed With GERD

Re: Just Diagnosed With GERD

Quote Originally Posted by Pkstracy View Post
    Thanks, Fish, I am on Pepcid twice a day I'll look at the FODMAP plan.
    So?... did you go over the info? Download the food journal? I'll say it again, anxiety or not, reflux/GERD etc. is one of the most common digestive ailments there are. My wife and I have reflux issues. We take Pantoprazole and use/used the FODMAP diet to modify our eating habits and rarely have issues. We keep a bottle of Mylanta around if we get breakthrough reflux (Being Thanksgiving, I have the feeling we'll be needing it tonight though )

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I suffer really badly with GERD also, I used to get sick after eating anything! I used to get such bad chest/shoulder pain- which I still get sometimes but I do wonder from what I know is good sometimes I couldn't even keep down water at times. I swear by the FODMAP. I also find orange juice and milk (but that could be the ibs) funny enough really sets me off! If you can get Gavison where you live, I agree with Scass it a life saver! It can take awhile for the diet changes to kick it, I hope it settles for you soon xx

Yes fish looked over the fodmap, i havent had time to read it in more detail as being Thanksgiving today I have been cooking a turkey, making potatoes, a pie, veggies, rolls, stuffing and gravy, while trying to gather up things and husband to take to mother-in-laws house today just enough time to breathe and sit for a moment. Also I guess I should mention that I have a very mild case with a flare up once or twice a month but doc did tell me to start finding what foods trigger me, I can eat a lot of things on that diet and not have the big issues, thank you all so much for your suggestions and advice and will look into the treatments listed here.
    Last edited by Pkstracy; 28-11-19 at 23:59.

So I studied the Fodmap and have found a few trigger foods, I ate a chicken chimichanga the other night and got sick to my stomach about two hours after eating it, funny thing I had a beef one before that and no problems. I ate something either today or yesterday that is effecting me now. Burping and mild stomach cramps and tummy making noises however I am six days away from that time of the month so it could be early cramps. Does gerd cause a lot of mucus build up? Been having a lot of mucus in the back of my nose

Yes it does cause mucus. I’d avoid spicy stuff for a while

I get mucus as well.

Sorry haven't been around, been busy due to holidays , good to know you both get mucus as well does gerd also cause stool changes as well?

Yeah GERD will mess with your sinuses. It may even cause you sinusitis. I've had GERD for years and it has caused me all kinds of sinus problems. As far as GERD causing stool changes, I've never heard of that. But using any antacid medication might cause stool changes, especially antacid meds like TUMS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information