Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How worrisome is this?? Stomach issues - major fear.

How worrisome is this?? Stomach issues - major fear.

For this entire month I’ve had about 5 or 6 instances of sudden stomach/gas cramps and then having to rush to the restroom. Sometimes some diarrhea. It’s happened about once a week. Most recently 4 evenings ago and again this evening. Each instance has been in the evening. I’m sorry tmi but my entire life I have struggled with constipation so for me these Instances of the opposite are super worrisome. I have this issue. Then I feel totally normal for a week almost and then it happens again.

It’s not right after I eat. In fact, today I hadn’t eating since about 4 hours prior.

Im almost 33 and have two little ones. I’m starting to fear stomach cancer or ovarian cancers or something else. It’s been a month of it now so I’m starting to worry every time I feel my stomach start to act up. Tonight I was driving and needed to get to a restroom and couldn’t and started to get lightheaded as well. I was panicking thinking about a recent cancer story I saw where the you g woman had fullness and gas pains before her diagnosis so I think that was also a panic attack but I’ve been I creasingly worried each time it happens.*Also- i was not feeling stressed or anxious tonight prior to it happening.*
    It’s so unlike me to have this issue. I’m super worried about what it could be and what steps I should take.
    Last edited by Golden; 28-11-19 at 05:29. Reason: Detail

Re: How worrisome is this?? Stomach issues - major fear.

You sound like you are really in the midst of it at the moment. You poor thing. Firstly it really doesn’t sound worrying. I’m a decade older than you and I started getting really bad IBS symptoms at just your age (also when my children were very young). Do you have a history of anxiety? It might be worth going to the doctor- not least to address the anxiety. I discovered the other day that the word “hypochondria” exists because people who worry about their health most often get symptoms in their “ hypochondrium”, which is a region in the upper abdomen. It has certainly been very true for me!!
    I hope you get some relief from this fear soonxx

Thank you for the kind words. At night I always spiral the worst :/ I’ve wondered for years If I may have IBS with constipation. But I usually just get gas pain and bloating but not usually the loose bowels. Sorry for the tmi.

It’s embarrassing to even be posting about it but it’s not normal for me to have to run to a bathroom. Then because I got so panicked and anxious I was feeling a nervous sick feeling in my stomach so I can’t even tell what’s my anxiety and what is from the other thing. Not to mention ear issues like tinnitus off and on, tunnel like sounds and lightheadedness. I should be enjoying the holidays with my little ones and instead I’m nervous and anxious.

I really appreciate the kind words. I’m going to start my anxiety medicine Again (I stopped a few months ago because I wanted to start trying for a baby...but this spiral has been debilitating and I realize I need to figure out how to address the anxiety as well as anything else That may be occurring. I’m just so anxious about it! Usually I can tell myself to wait a few weeks but every time tummy trouble happens I get panicked now.

Sounds like IBS

My mother was diagnosed with IBS a while back after having various tests to rule out anything else. Her only symptoms? Constipation and bloating.

Positive thoughts xx

Hi This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem. This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

IBS

Can be constipation and diarrhea with cramps

Thank you all for the replies. After thinking on the issue (a bit more rationally and not while in panic mode) I realized this has happened before for a stretch and it was about 7 months after the birth of my 3 year old. It would usually happen in the morning and not every day. It was usually every 5 days or so. But I would urgently have to get to a restroom. I remember bringing it up to my OBGYN and she wasn’t concerned. After a while it stopped and I was more regular which for me was a shock since my entire life I’ve struggled with bad constipation issues. But a few months ago the constipation returned and now this.

All this to say - I’ve read up on IBS and everything says a flare up can last for months at a time for no reason. So it’s definitely seems like that’s what this is. Especially considering that I feel completely normal for days after i encounter this embarrassing urgency. It’s been 5 days and I’m a little anxious that is will be happening again :/ we’ll see.

Now to get up the courage to see a dr. That’s a whole separate anxiety issue. Thank you all for the help!

Yep see a doc but best yous will get is stuff for constipation and muscle cramps and diarrhea.

The more calmer yous get the less you'll get them symptoms

I recommend daily meditation to calm the mind

and daily yoga for IBS, look on YouTube this stuff works but not overbite, yous gotta make it a daily routine

I get IBS too

I can’t believe I’m posting again. It happened today. 5 days later. Urgently had to go but stool was hard and painful. Not new for me. Even as a small child I’ve always been horribly constipated. Small amounts of blood and pain after are not abnormal for me and never have been. But today I saw a streak of blood and I’m SO WORRIED! I’ve had it when I wiped but I’ve never seen a streak of red in my stool.
    This is so embarrassing but I’m freaking out!!. 😔

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information