Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How worrisome is this?? Stomach issues - major fear.

Re: How worrisome is this?? Stomach issues - major fear.

I had this not long ago the blood, your stool when hard and straining can cause a bit of blood as you irritated the inner area.

Yes I’ve just never seen a streak of it on the stool itself before. Trying to calm down. I was doing well until I started analyzing this tonight. I worry so much worse at night! Thank you

I know it’s crazy but it happened this morning and it almost more of an orangy looking streak of color In a line down the stool. Which is why it caught me off guard. I’ve had bits of blood many times in my life but this was like a dark orangy color and it was part of the stool not on top of it. (Sorry for the tmi!) Is it possible for it to be pumpkin if I had a good size piece of pumpkin pie the night before? And because it was an urgent bout it passed thru more quickly and didn’t process as much? Idk I’m so scared.

I’m so embarrassed that I’m discussing this. But I’m so scared. My anxiety is on overload. Fall and Winter are always the worst for me. I’m so worried about me or my husband getting cancer and leaving our young children behind. The health anxiety is at its (almost) worst right now.

Hi Golden,

We are on the same boat. I have had problems with anal fissures for 2 years now. Mine reopens every now and then. And like you, having a small amount of blood on TP has been normal for me but 4 days ago I found a wider streak of blood on the surface of my stool. And I went to a panic mode. Have you had a colonoscopy done? My doc is scheduling one for me after the Holidays. Coz I havent had a scope done. 2 years ago I consulted a really good GI surgeon and she just laughed at me for being too anxious about the blood and the left lower abdominal pains. She said I was constipated, my stool is hard, and I felt like something has been torn inside as I move my bowel, plus I have a skin tag, these things are pretty much indicative of fissures. She didnt want to do a scope or rectal exam because she said it will tear me up more. She also said that usually lower abdominal pain that goes away and come back is not a common symptom of bowel cancer. She also felt that I am so anxious and told me it can exacerbate GI problems. She told me to chill. Lol. After I got that reassurance from her I was fine for 2 years even if my fissure reopens. But the blood I saw the other day is different from before in terms of it being more I guess? But my butt felt sore after the BM so I guess we are back at it again? Hopefully I will have my answer soon. I am tired of overthinking and worrying. I will have a colonoscopy done and deal with whatever the result is.

how are you feeling now?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information