Thread: For the ladies... GAD/Panic and the coil?

For the ladies... GAD/Panic and the coil?

Hi all,

I suffer terribly with anxiety and occasional panic attacks. I used to be on the pill but stopped due to side effects (not anxiety related). Gradually since coming off it I've been suffering worse and worse with my pms, heavy periods, bad pain, breaking out in spots and most recently cold sores. I have also noticed a definite pattern of my anxiety being a lot worse at certain times of the month.

It has been recommended I try the coil after every other type of contraception either failing or giving side effects. However, I hear terrible things about it making anxiety worse?

Do any of you have a coil? Has it made a difference? The nurse said as I was fine on the pill I would be fine with the coil because the hormone is much less in the coil than the pill.

Of course my anxiety is probably going to be much worse after getting it because I'm going to over think about it and blame every little twinge of anxiety on it! The nurse said to give it a go as it can be removed if needed but I really don't know what to do. Obviously google is full of doom but then if you google any contraceptive its full of stories of doom!

Thanks xx

Re: For the ladies... GAD/Panic and the coil?

I actually loved my coil! I felt much better on it than the implant, and absolutely horrific anxiety on the pill.

I didn’t have a successful time with it just because it moved, so had it removed after 6 weeks, after giving my body a break to see where I’m at after over 10 years on hormones if there’s no considerable difference I’m going to get another one fitted (once it’s been long enough for me to forget the first insertion!)

Everyone reacts differently but I really liked how I was on it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Re: For the ladies... GAD/Panic and the coil?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information