Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad News

Bad News

So as some of you know, I had issues with my coil earlier I the year. Well there months later I finally had what was suppose to be my four week update (they said I might not be soon till after new years a few weeks ago lol)

But like ive just been told by the damage the coil did to my body. I won't be able to have kids. I'm very upset and shock now.

They took my heart rate abe blood pressure bwfore i even went in and it was at 143 so I can't imagine what it is now. I'm in so much shock. Sorry I don't have much detail, I will day more later im jusy so taken aback and need to say it.

Re: Bad News

Louise, I am so so sorry to hear this. I went back and read your thread about the coil. What an ordeal and what a devastating result.

Louise, I wasn't part of your 'coil thread' and hadn't even read it before (as know nowt about them), so went back and read the whole thing now. I honestly can't believe what you had to put up with for so many weeks and months, the amount of bleeding, the struggle to even get to the point of finding out what was wrong, the amount of pain, the fear you must have been feeling (I felt very emotional for you reading it)- then to have to wait so so long for them to removed the broken section !!! I am quite honestly in awe of your bravery and fortitude, to keep working and carrying on as you were - you must have been so anaemic and feeling simply dreadful all the time. I wanted to say that you are a very strong woman.

Now, the news today - this is indeed shocking. I know you've not given details here, but are they really sure the uterine damage is that extensive ? Your devastation probably can't even be put into words right now, and I hope you have people around you in real life who can support you. Do take care.

Oh, my goodness, I'm so very sorry!

Thank you all so so much for the replies. I know this was very badly written but I was so taken aback and I need to say it.

Basically after ages of messing around with the coil, when they finally removed it (don't want to go into details to be honest as it was a very traumatic time) things weren't done right and they caused a lot of issues- that my Doctor today thought I knew about. This whole time I've been going through issues with the coil, I've never meet the same doctor twice. So today he was talking to me like I knew- which I didn't. I couldn't even take most of it in to be honest, I went to the appointment alone as I didn't expect this at all- they knew since August there was issues and no one got in contact with me.

I'll explain more another time, as I'm trying to get my head around it myself and for anyone here who I hope never faces a issue like this. I will probably have to have a operation in January- that has a 15 percent chance of fixing things but it's mainly to fix up other issues they caused.

Because I had been passed around so much, this is why I have such a distrust now. Like I have a cardiologist appointment in two weeks and apart of me feels like I'm going to drop any day because I've had issues for so long-- just alot of bad thoughts. Full of dread that it's to much, I know I have to calm as /if/ there is a issue this stress won't help.

I called my GP as I was so upset and confused, she actually was very taken aback also and got upset on the phone with me. It's strange because I always said I didn't really want kids but I guess because this wasn't my choice and just how poorly it was handled I'm really shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    Louise, I am so so sorry to hear this. I went back and read your thread about the coil. What an ordeal and what a devastating result.

Thank you for the reply Erin x I'm trying to get my head around it, it's really given me mistrust issues now sadly. Thank you for even taken the chance to read this but also my other thread ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Louise, I wasn't part of your 'coil thread' and hadn't even read it before (as know nowt about them), so went back and read the whole thing now. I honestly can't believe what you had to put up with for so many weeks and months, the amount of bleeding, the struggle to even get to the point of finding out what was wrong, the amount of pain, the fear you must have been feeling (I felt very emotional for you reading it)- then to have to wait so so long for them to removed the broken section !!! I am quite honestly in awe of your bravery and fortitude, to keep working and carrying on as you were - you must have been so anaemic and feeling simply dreadful all the time. I wanted to say that you are a very strong woman.

Now, the news today - this is indeed shocking. I know you've not given details here, but are they really sure the uterine damage is that extensive ? Your devastation probably can't even be put into words right now, and I hope you have people around you in real life who can support you. Do take care.
    Thank you so, so much for the words Carys. I don't feel like I'm strong or brave at all. I feel quite scared now and it's broken all the work I've put into my anixety/HA over the last few years. I know we have to carry on but I'm feeling rather weak now. I know these things happen and such, I sadly was a case where they just kept passing the book around and around.

My friends and family are being amazing, they have been this whole time. Bringing me to the emergency room and such over and over again. Trying to help me get my voice to deal with this. While I'm so upset with this outcome, I'm very aware I'm lucky to have these people are me- plus you all who take the time to reply and read xxx Thank you again Carys for the words. They mean so much ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Oh, my goodness, I'm so very sorry!
    Thank you so much BlueIris ❤️

Oh Louise, I had to read your post several times to take it in myself. You must be in shock and completely taken aback. I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. x

My goodness Louise I am so sorry to hear that. I remember what an awful time you had.
    I really hope that the operation can help.
    Please make sure you take someone with you to all appointments to discuss this now. It’s a disgrace the way you have been treated x

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information