Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can NHS direct refer you to crisis team?

Can NHS direct refer you to crisis team?

The doctor I usually see isnt in until monday. I feel like im in a mental health crisis. But they say you need to be referred

Re: Can NHS direct refer you to crisis team?

Hiyer I found you thiks link on the NHS, it would suggest that if you view yourself to be in crisis that you ask for an emergency gp appointment today - not just wait for your usual doctor.

https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs...-or-emergency/

Hi Cass,

We've discussed this on chat hun, you have to be absolutely sure you are in a crisis, you know we spoke about the consequences. GP is your first port of call in my opinion, whether or not its your regular doctor or not. x

Thanks.

I dont trust any other Dr. I know for definate they will want to do tests. With my health anxiety its terrifying me. Other gps at my surgery just look at me stupid. They dont listen to a word I say. Its just....here you go try that and hope for the best. The one i usually see knows me well. With my huge cancer phobia im finding it so difficult. Hubby had to stay home from work today to look after me as he thought i was going to do something stupid to myself x

What is the crisis you feel you have Cass ? Do you want to explain a bit more, as I wasn't in chat.

I was put on mirtazipine in august and gradually went up to 45mg. He said it will help me sleep, it didnt. Ive got acute anxiety and severe depression at the mo as ive been worried for 12 months that i have cancer. It all started when i went to the dr as i wasnt getting any periods. They did full bloods and found my liver enzymes were slightly raised so i had an ultrasound on my liver and ovaries. I dont have cysts on my ovaries but i have PCOS. My c reactive protien was 11 when it should have been under 5. I stupidly googled and it said high crp = cancer. This was last september. I didnt go back until beginning of august this year on fear of what the ultrasounds were. The liver seemed ok. So was put on the mirtazapine as stupidly came off my other meds last year as was scared to go back for more. End of august i had a lump in my groin....worried sick and went to a and e twice and the dr once in a month. The last time it was a consultant i seen in the hospital. He said it was a cyst and gave me antibiotics and it cleared up middle of last month. My gp said....lets do full bloods. I think it was because he knew of my health anxiety and wanted to reassure me. But told him I couldnt do it out of fear. Ive been highly stressed for months now and with no meds its all been too much. The mirtazipine made me feel suicidal. For 3 weeks ive had bad stomach rumbling and nausea and the last week since sunday ive only managed 6 complan 2 small potatoes and some chicken. Saturday night i had home made chicken broth. The next day had formed but yellow stools and thats been until tuesday. But i have no gallbladder and with little eating i dont know if it was bile. Decided to add carrots and they came out the same as they went in. I dont seem to be digesting food. I have gastritis and ibs anyway. But 3 weeks is a long time to be having these issues when i was eating normally before. Just constant noise in my gut. Im done with the Dr's. They dont care and they dont listen. Ive seen them so many times to know from experience. Whats someone to do if you dont want to be here anymore but the drs just throw meds at you and send you out the door. The depression is too much. Im drowning in it. I just dont see a way out anymore. My fight has gone after 18 years of having this awful mental health. Ive asked the dr to refer me to psych to get my meds right. He says i dont need it. Then there is the cpn i was reffered to in the surgery as he does visits. He just said buy a book on health anxiety and then referred me for the million month wait for more therapy which is more than likely cbt for the billionth time have had that and its not worked. Im in a mess and cant get out of it! My parents work full time and I have 2 small children 9 and 5. My husband also works 9 till 2pm and then at home from 5 till 8pm. Im agoraphobic so have to go on my own as nobody else is available. Ive been a member here since 2004 and never post on the forums just use the chat room where ive made many friends. But im desperate and dont know where or who to turn too. Like i said GPs are utterly useless and id be wasting my time!

That's what I'm trying to say Cass, if you make any slight remark about ending it, you could find you are in a situation of no return. You know what I am talking about, we've had many nights talking about this with others. You know I'll try and help you anyway I can hun. x

It's your cancer fear you have to deal with hun. x

i also dont have a gallbladder. Was taken out 9 yrs ago. Ive had nothing but trouble since. Bile diarrhea and urgency. Its what they call bile salt malabsorption which i have to be near a toiler at all times. Usually most people with BAM have binders to take to stop the bile from running into my intestines like a tap . Will the drs give me any binders or do anything about it. Absolutely not!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information