Thread: Random emotions for no reason? Panic for no reason?: Anxiety for no reason?

Random emotions for no reason? Panic for no reason?: Anxiety for no reason?

My panic has never had any reason. Nor has my anxiety. It just comes in the morning, hangs around.

Lately, I've had a mix of anger/tension and high anxiety just come out of nowhere and stay for hours, days.

I feel like most people here are talking about how they're afraid of "xyz" or they fear certain situations or even just the symptoms themselves.
    (Or maybe they fear driving, or their job or something in the future, etc.)

But my states just arise from nothing. I can't ever figure out a reason. Can be depression, anxiety or even anger.

Out of the blue, relates to nothing... and gets sometimes to such high levels that it's then just random suffering, attached to nothing.
    I can be basically fine for 10 days... then wake up in a high state of fear and panic, for zero reason at all.

Does anyone else relate to this?

Re: Random emotions for no reason? Panic for no reason?: Anxiety for no reason?

Yes. It happens to me too. Although, sometimes I think it's because of hormones (i'm a woman)
    The worse part is that, since I'm not anxious/depressed about something in particular, my mind tries to find/fabricate reasons (eg. I've got cancer, I'm gonna get fired/sued, you name it)

Very interesting and even though I'm male, I suspect it's a strong hormonal aspect as well.

Anxiety happens because of stress. Stress can come in any one of a thousand different ways.

It's probably a good idea to stand back and figure out what's causing stress to your central nervous system.

Thanks Joe, I agree and I think it can even be physical at times. I suspect that pushing my body too far like hard workouts can lead to some residual anger sometimes. (Like the next day) Not for any reason but purely chemical or hormonal. Though I suspect it could be from simple life frustrations as well.

I think the nervous system is taxed and acts like a bucking bronco.

Physical stress is one of the three groups of stresses, although I think it's technically called mechanical stress.

At it's simplest :-

Mechanical stress - Injury, over exercise, physical trauma etc etc

Chemical stress - Booze, drugs, poison and (the most common and invisible one) terrible diet.

Emotional stress - Work, relationships, grief, money etc

Most people are suffering from a combination from all three groups and put it down to normal life. It ain't normal life. We're not designed to be under constant stress, and that is where 99% of anxiety comes from over time.

Anger is always a response to fear or threat. If your body has been over-taxed, it will detect threat, which can turn into fear....and anger.

I am fully, fully aware of how anger works as I experienced it for decades until I finally figured out what it was.

Try and stand back and take a life audit of your stresses. It's actually more common to experience anxiety for 'no reason'. That's how it starts for most people, except that there is a reason (or ten) that just haven't been recognised.

Thread Information