Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UK election predictions?

UK election predictions?

I figured yous needed a yank to start this explosive shred.

I'm a hot damn pessimist. Anything but Bozza but then I don't got a vote.

I expect most of yous good folk will want to vote for the party what will do most for health services. As far as I can see that'd be Labor

Re: UK election predictions?

Well I would normally vote labour but they are a shambles at the moment. I don’t want to vote for Boris either because I’ve never voted conservative before and don’t plan to now. I’m not really giving it much thought. It’s all a big hot mess and I don’t trust any of them to fix it.

I’m always on the losing side though, so I don’t expect my vote to actually do much

Sadly I feel that the polling probably doesnt lie
    I've done some canvassing this election for a really good local Labour candidate ( even though Im not a Corbyn fan )

On the door there is plenty of 'Yes I know Boris is a liar but that makes him human' type conversation and 'Hes the only one who can deliver Brexit', they don't seem worried about the risks of Brexit No Deal, they don't seem to be concerned about the effects that Tory policies might have on public services especially the stealth privatisation of the NHS

My prediction is a Boris landslide :(
    Tories 42%
    Labour 30%
    Lib Dems 12%
    Brexit Party 8%
    Other 8%

That's sad Mezza but your probably right on

When some one comes out with "I know .....but ...." your wasting your time continuing the schmooze.

Yous get the same comments about Trump here "he speaks our language he's one of us"

Folk of all persuasions want back to a time when

That's sad Mezza but your probably right on

When some one comes out with "I know .....but ...." your wasting your time continuing the schmooze.

Yous get the same comments about Trump here "he speaks our language he's one of us"

Folk of all persuasion want back to a time when we was nearly all white and ruled the waves

All the polls are pointing towards a Boris win. In fact, they seem to have been strengthened. A recent one by YouGov showed a majority and this was using a much better criteria as it examined voter intentions across multiple polls and by area.

Like I've always said I vote on the basis of who is the least worst. They will all shaft us, it's only a question of which has the bigger dick to do it

I want the Tories to commit to more spending but I want Labour to reign it in. I have misgivings about renationalisation as I've worked in a couple of these industries and saw the mess caused by market start up and how those rose tinted specs about the good old days didn't reflect my years in the industry fixing the crap that had been wrong for years. Some nationalisation might be worth it (water has never been truly privatised and some customers get hammered but this is also an issue for poor industry regulation in my eyes) and recent rail down South looks promising although we all remember British Rail and how awful they were! I am also concerned about the renationalisation of certain power industries because it will likely shift jobs around and any government of the time will just quote the numbers and not look at how they have cost some areas (nationalisation was really regional and all these 'boards' worked differently in the electricity markets alone and still do today, it's just not that simple) so do I want my loved ones put out of jobs? I would also argue the should force Smart Metering to be sorted before take over anyway as it has been a mess since day one and is well behind with no proposed solutions to so many problematic areas.

I don't exactly see business minds on either main party to be honest. But guys like McDonnell concern me as they are slash & burn merchants with their asset grabbing just as the Moggs of the right are with theor support of the rich. Again, we come back to least worst options. I think McDonnell will crash to the buy to let market and his reducing of pay outs and government bonds for renationalisation is a threat to pensions and the savings of ordinary people despite it being sold as attacking the fat cats.

The local candidate is secondary to the main issues of the day for me. And I have concerns of Labour's FOM direction recently since their conference which must be a boon to France and Italy. But I think the close alignment to the EU may wreck the nationalisation plans anyway and Labour don't seem to have explained how that is avoidable anyway.

And then we have Brexit. Corbyn will his unknown CU still. I notice he has avoided saying EUCU and still quotes a new CU. This is untested and even Juncker has said it's not possible. And the close alignment with the SM might end up making it pretty pointless leaving or having anything bespoke when we could just join the EEA and arrange a CU.

Boris brings a clearer Brexit break but we then have the risk of no FTA ever happening. And whilst some Tories would love the strip the NHS I don't believe the current scaremongering by Labour on this as the quoted text doesn't back it up. It does remain a risk but we could get a Labour landslide in the near future to stop this without the drags of the current leadership.

I've got a postal vote (I signed up when I had my breakdown as I couldn't get out of the house back then) but still haven't ticked anyone. But I think I shall have little choice but to go one way and either would have had me holding my nose.

Hey Terry how does postal vote work if your a Brit living abroad? Do you gotta register in your home town or can yous vote anywhere you like? Do they got a postal vote constituency? There must be thousands of Brits living abroad

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    Hey Terry how does postal vote work if your a Brit living abroad? Do you gotta register in your home town or can yous vote anywhere you like? Do they got a postal vote constituency? There must be thousands of Brits living abroad
    Yep, but not in all elections. Just the General Election and the European Elections.

You must have been registered to vote in the UK in the 15 years before you left or if you were too young your parents/guardians must have been. You then just register an overseas voter.

You can then either have them post the vote to you to send back again, turn up on the day if in the UK or set up a proxy vote whereby you nominate someone to do it for you but they must also be registered.

About 5.5m Brits living abroad. I'm not sure if that includes armed services and other diplomatic staff though. But many won't be eligible under current law (which is proposed to be changed to allow for lifetime voting) which is explained here:

https://researchbriefings.parliament...ummary/SN05923

There vote gets counted as their last UK address. I'm not sure with the proxy vote though which might be where the proxy voter is registered? Tony will probably know.

A lot of those 5.5m live here Charlie,soaking up the rays.

Let's face it, we're on the road to despair! Boris wins by default! The alternative is my boy Jeremy, and a large portion of this country would sooner elect the Devil over him. So why not go for the next best thing? And come election day, everything is going to change. The NHS will be completely privatised. We'll stay on track to war. I even believe he'll blow his nose on the Withdrawal Agreement and revoke it in favour of a no-deal! I fear he'll become our first dictator! Why not, I mean, he IS in cahoots with fascists anyway!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information