Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UK election predictions?

Re: UK election predictions?

It's going to be conservative Government. After that Boris will push through the no deal with no opposition.

Charlie, this thread makes me chuckle as it was you who did a 'ban the politics on the forum' thread

I can't make a call on this election stuff, polls here and polls there all different and ones yesterday showing he had lost 50 percent of his lead. Its wild and unprecedented and like no other election - pleased to see though that the number of under 25s registering to vote this time is the largest number ever.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

The right-wing press and media are doing a good job of demonising Corbyn/Labour and unless "events, dear man", change (eg, a serious Boris scandal or f--- -up), I also predict a Tory landslide result.

However, the agenda of NHS cuts and privatisation by stealth is already underway and will continue. Sad, but with the UK population inexorably increasing, the NHS is seen as financially unsustainable and a victim of its own "success"

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    However, the agenda of NHS cuts and privatisation by stealth is already underway and will continue. Sad, but with the UK population inexorably increasing, the NHS is seen as financially unsustainable and a victim of its own "success"
    I haven't been following the media or politics recently (bad for my MH). I thought Boris said the NHS was off the cards? I hear some people saying they're talking of selling it to the US.

I can't speak anything good of the NHS. They cured my cancer, but severely failed the 2 family members I lost to cancer. It's a complete mess, overstretched, and under funded. I don't blame the NHS, or the great people doing the thankless jobs working for pennies. The system itself has collapsed.

But, at least our army is getting stronger and we have better weapons /s

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    That's a good point! How are we supposed to cope with overpopulation? What'll we do, emigrate to Mars?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    Let's face it, we're on the road to despair! Boris wins by default! The alternative is my boy Jeremy, and a large portion of this country would sooner elect the Devil over him. So why not go for the next best thing? And come election day, everything is going to change. The NHS will be completely privatised. We'll stay on track to war. I even believe he'll blow his nose on the Withdrawal Agreement and revoke it in favour of a no-deal! I fear he'll become our first dictator! Why not, I mean, he IS in cahoots with fascists anyway!
    I dont trust Boris an inch & his performance on Marr show today was a stinker
    Why people want to vote for Boris? It beggars belief for me

That's a good point! How are we supposed to cope with overpopulation? What'll we do, emigrate to Mars?
    The problem goes beyond the NHS but the issue is that if you want to keep increasing population you need to increase budgets inline with that. We haven't and these services are struggling and here we are at the point where we are concerned about the impacts of immigration (although there are more issue involved than purely impact onto services and underspending).

The more you increase your population the more you increase your social bills. How many will settle here and grow old?

It was always going to come at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    I dont trust Boris an inch & his performance on Marr show today was a stinker
    Why people want to vote for Boris? It beggars belief for me
    I think the issue for many is they trust neither major party leader, Tony. It's about least of two evils.

The media spend a lot of time bashing Corbyn over anti Semitism. A lot of it is clearly BS. However, I would be interested to see how many people are put off by this alone? Boris has said far worse and people aren't that bothered. I suspect many working class voters don't care about Labour's battle over this and place having their bins collected higher up the list of priorities. So whilst the media are being unfair to him it may not have as much impact as people think.

He has some good policies that should appeal to working class voters but he also represents metropolitan Labour which makes him unpopular straight away in many areas and his Brexit stance (and wooliness that has only bred suspicion) will turn them off too.

I remember the last Labour candidate, the sitting MP, knocking doors in my street. He was obviously anti Corbyn from his agreement when people were saying they wanted to vote Labour but disliked Corbyn. He got turfed out though so no idea about the new candidates beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    The media spend a lot of time bashing Corbyn over anti Semitism.
    Dollars to donuts it's all a Conservative conspiracy.

My anxiety has been through the roof since this all began; now it's clear who's winning, I really don't see much to hope for in the next decade.

Dollars to donuts it's all a Conservative conspiracy.

My anxiety has been through the roof since this all began; now it's clear who's winning, I really don't see much to hope for in the next decade.
    I'm not surprised since this type of thing is a big trigger for you. However, be wary of the scaremongering of the media. The world won't be ending next year no matter who gets in.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information