Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UK election predictions?

Re: UK election predictions?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    The world won't be ending next year no matter who gets in.
    Good! I mean, we'll all probably envy the dead, but at least the world won't end!
    Last edited by FrankT; 01-12-19 at 19:15.

My postal vote is sat on the side and I have no idea where to put my cross. I don't trust Boris, I think all this baffoonery is a veil to cover a very calculating man and as for Corbyn....I really dislike the bloke. His fence sitting has given him splinters. I did hear somewhere that he was as unpopular as Michael Foot. I think Labour started the rot by electing the wrong Milliband brother. I've been a labour supporter but they've lost their way somewhat. They had a chance to get rid of Corbyn and they didn't take it. I do feel they will rue that day. My prediction? I have no idea really but if Labour lose, I predict Corbyn will be out of the door.
    How about if both Johnson and Corbyn lose their seats and we have neither.
    I just don't know what to do!
    But Terry is right Frank, don't get bogged down by the press. They do love a bit of scaremongering and they are in their element with this

Ghost…Spillways

Darksky, I think you are right. He may act the fool but it is a clever ploy to appear harmless. People call him thick but you surely don't get this far that way? We laughed when London made him mayor. Then we groaned whe party made him leader. Now we may end up legitimising that in a GE! And I agree on The Wrong Milliband (does he have a Gromit sidekick?). When Corbyn goes though they may just replace him with Corbyn 2.0 since its the members that have changed? I wonder how far the Tories will have to go to swing it back to Labour under those conditions...do we really want to find out?!!!

I think Jeremy should have a chance. He's nice enough to everyone he meets.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    I think Jeremy should have a chance. He's nice enough to everyone he meets.
    Yes, he is. In terms of being put off by individuals it's more those around him that bother me. I think Corbyn is still largely the backbencher being led. All parties suffer from this though as politics attracts nutters!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Yes, he is. In terms of being put off by individuals it's more those around him that bother me. I think Corbyn is still largely the backbencher being led. All parties suffer from this though as politics attracts nutters!
    I like neither Corbyn, nor Boris. I of course voted to leave - ideally with a deal. Which puts me in an awkward position since Corbyn has other plans. Boris is sneaky and clever and very manipulating. He's most defiantly had schooling from the same people that schooled Trump. Their actions are almost alike.

My box has to go with Boris purely because he's the only person that can deliver Brexit.

The Brexit process has seen Corbyn lose his own voters who voted to leave. MP's ignoring the majority of their constitutions that voted to leave have lost voters. It's estimated almost 4 million Labour supporters voted to leave. The anti-seminism claims do him no favors either. Many want him to resign.

I can't see any other majority except Boris.

I voted remain however I accept the majority voted to leave, so that's that. I do think it's appalling the way parliament has thwarted the will of the people time and time again. I guess the majority of MPs don't want us to leave and they are doing everything possible to stop it happening. Now I just want it done. Who the hell is supposed to be running the country when all they are doing is constantly discussing and arguing about Brexit.

Ghost…Spillways

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    They're cashing in on the Brexit hype. Clever marketing tbf. Looks like a good game, I love dystopian games. Out of interest you ever played hackmud?

I'll be voting Labour.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information