Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: UK election predictions?

Re: UK election predictions?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Charlie, this thread makes me chuckle as it was you who did a 'ban the politics on the forum' thread.
    Nice one Carys 😂

Yep hypocrisy big time

I guess its coz I found a way to get all the HA and symptoms stuff canned what don't leave me with many shreds I'm competent to comment on

I promise not to get started on US politics tho sucks even more than UK does

Anyways thanks for reading and remembering that

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    I voted remain however I accept the majority voted to leave, so that's that. I do think it's appalling the way parliament has thwarted the will of the people time and time again. I guess the majority of MPs don't want us to leave and they are doing everything possible to stop it happening. Now I just want it done. Who the hell is supposed to be running the country when all they are doing is constantly discussing and arguing about Brexit.
    Tell me about it. Parliamentary scrutiny is important but I don't think they can argue that is half of what has happened. I believe they thought they could stop it and now they are having to face the reality that they no longer have May with poor public support. The fact they haven't tried to extend the transition period along with the withdrawal makes me think this and if Boris wins the vote on his deal (in Parliament, which is another possible farce in the making) that they will try to introduce bills for this to (which I would support as time is far too short now).

We have seen court case after court case. Some were important, some were clearly nonsense. This may set the scene for future politics in the UK but it will depend if "the money" are unhappy with the decision of the public

The second referendum is also very dodgy and likely to frustrate Remain voters too who like yourself see that the first referendum should be honoured and not replaced by a rigged second one asking a different question. In a second referendum I would favour a two part question so we can separate out who just doesn't like whatever deal is presented.

It will be interesting to see if Labour MP suffer up here due to their failing leadership on this issue. I strongly suspect the local marginals will fall to the Tories, more seats that have never been anything other than red, but it depends on Farage who may peel some off from the harder Brexit types. It's a shame because I know someone who regards their Labour as good because they have helped them resolve local issues in the past but can't justify voting for Corbyn who will put her out of work.

I completely agree with you, all other issues must be suffering. Business have been saying for sometimes that this limbo status is upsetting the pound and we have seen announcements do make it rise as well as fall.

This made me laugh. Relevant to every election no matter what party:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.c...-11270407/amp/

No
    majority or another 12 months of chaos in the house of commons. sorting out the Brexit mess,

I've voted. It's gone back now. I feel like...

Three choices. The LibDem didn't even have an address and it said ran by some office for the party in Hampshire. It's annoying when they parachute in candidates but in this case Swinson didn't even start the plane!

Boris will win and Brexit will happen on the 12th (of never)
    Good luck guys - you need it.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    Boris will win and Brexit will happen on the 12th (of never)
    Good luck guys - you need it.
    Is yours getting booted out again? Yet another corruption scandal?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Is yours getting booted out again? Yet another corruption scandal?
    Not that I know of but it would be great if the QLD mob went.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Wasn't it Boris that called for the election? If that's the case I would imagine he's quite confident. Though I've read recently where the gap is narrowing But that is typical of most elections when they near. All's I know is many US Presidents have come and gone during my lifetime and I just keep getting up and going to work.

N.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    I voted remain however I accept the majority voted to leave, so that's that. I do think it's appalling the way parliament has thwarted the will of the people time and time again. I guess the majority of MPs don't want us to leave and they are doing everything possible to stop it happening. Now I just want it done. Who the hell is supposed to be running the country when all they are doing is constantly discussing and arguing about Brexit.
    Very well said friend.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information