Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: UK election predictions?

Re: UK election predictions?

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    What is the reason behind Brexit?
    Aren't you guys better off staying in the EU????
    It depends who and where you are doesn't it? If I were a business owner who traded across the EU I would vote to stay in knowing it would continue to enrich my trade. If you are in one of the more neglected areas of the country (which is the fault of lack of government investment as well as EU pressures) then you might not see such an advantage in that trade.

Some dislike the remoteness of the EU institutions who we get little or no say in.

Some just look around and see how crap it still is and think why not see what a change does.

Financially we might be better off in the EU but that doesn't necessarily translate down to we plebs. A stronger economy should but that's only when investment is offsetting those pressures on local services.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    The Brexit Party got no seats, but that doesn't matter. They helped the Tories take Labour out. Farage and gang are not stupid.

Jo Swinson deserved to lose her seat. She is toxic.

I said on /r/UnitedKingdom last night:

It got upvoted to hell so it resonated with many. Yet, there still exists people who believe the country has been lied to and led blindly like sheep.

The speech Jo, and Corbyn, gave was pants.The both spoke as if they had been betrayed. Neither will own up to their mess ups during this Brexit process.

Johnson will bolster on now. They've just handed him the keys to free reign.
    It's actually quite interesting because it shows how the online social media bubble isn't representative of the real world. All that online activism being a very loud mouthpiece distorting reality. Three years of saying the UK changed it's mind was not the case.

I'm glad of this. If social media represented how we think we have far greater problems.

Not see anything about the voter age groups yet. This will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Their argument is that Brexit has changed the landscape. We know from the voting numbers that wasn't supported and how some SNP supporters are pro Brexit anyway.

The trouble is the SNP will just push anyway. Do you think they will harp on about it and how the UK causes so many injustices for them just to the point where a vote might be granted...but then fizzle out knowing it won't go their way? Maybe Boris should grant it so she can't just moan he's preventing your freedom?

Mobile Chicane posted a chart in the EU thread that showed under PR the SNP are a lot worse off. I find that interesting because like the EU ref in Scotland those not on the winning side tend to be forgotten.
    The landscape always changes in politics, that’s the nature of the beast.

At this point the SNP are basically acting like we’re an independent country. The whole “Scotland voted to remain in the EU” argument is utterly irrelevant. When we voted to remain in the UK, we did so knowing full well that future referendums or General Elections was a UK vote.

They claim to respect and stand for the wishes of Scottish people, but somehow that doesn’t include 55% of us who voted to remain in the UK, when it was literally asked of us and put to a vote.

Ive said it before and I’ll say it again, if remaining in the EU was the outcome, Sturgeon would have started harping on about how Scotland wished to leave. They are nothing more than contrarians of Westminster, and it’s all geared toward independence. They really need to stop this nonsense.

This young Labour MP is going to be unpopular in Westminster already

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartanntp

Fair play to her. However, £35k is not a "worker's wage" up here unless you consider the "worker" to be an accountant, solicitor, not so middle manager, etc Maybe Nottingham is vastly different despite being not far down the road from me? Still a good precedent to set so fair play for limiting her gains.

The Curse of Hugh Grant.

Evidently every candidate this guy backed lost Thursday. Shows you how much we think of the Hollywood types opinions.

It's always struck me that these entertainment folk think we care about their political opinions. Like Cher saying if Trump won the election in 16 she was moving to Canada.

Like there was someone out there thinking... I want to vote for Trump but if I do we lose Cher to the Canucks.

BTW She's still living in the good old US of A.

Go have another face lift and stop pestering us.

N.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    The Curse of Hugh Grant.

Evidently every candidate this guy backed lost Thursday. Shows you how much we think of the Hollywood types opinions.

It's always struck me that these entertainment folk think we care about their political opinions. Like Cher saying if Trump won the election in 16 she was moving to Canada.

Like there was someone out there thinking... I want to vote for Trump but if I do we lose Cher to the Canucks.

N.
    With her many millions. Wouldn't it work the other way anyway? People might vote to see her go? And how does that work for solidarity when you say you will just go buy a mansion somewhere else and sod all of you who are left behind?

Grant made me laugh. He didn't care what your politics were as long as you wanted to stop Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    The Curse of Hugh Grant.

N.
    N,

I notice the US media are seizing on this to talk about the Democrats lurching too far to the left to make them electable. I'm not sure how reliable one country can be compared to another anyway. Some seem quite dismissive about the comparison due to our EU issue but then it could be argued you've had that issue with the wall and border anyway?

No doubt much the same is behind it though and you will find a trail of money on all sides fighting to get their side in.

I think I'm gonna join Plaid Cymru just for $hits and giggles

Oh, and I bought you a doll for the holidays, Noivous

s-l640.jpg

Hahaha!! Thank you, AntsyVee! Hey I never said the girl wasn't a looker or lacked talent. Thanks again!

BTW Did you get that doll in Canada?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information