Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blood in Stool On and Off for 2 Years. Rectal Cancer?

Re: Blood in Stool On and Off for 2 Years. Rectal Cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by StephA View Post
    I’ve had blood in my stools and on the toilet tissue off and on for 6-7 years now. Had a colonoscopy and was told I had internal hemorrhoids. I also had a fissure that the colonoscopy missed but the rectal surgeon found it with an anoscope. I’ll have blood for a few days then go without it for several weeks, then I have it again. I actually had blood on my stool this morning but it doesn’t worry me anymore since the scope didn’t find anything. This morning I actually felt a burning sensation when I went to the bathroom so it could’ve been a hard piece of undigested food or something that scratched my anus on the way out. Also sometimes my stools aren’t hard when I have the bleeding. I think once you get a fissure the tissue there is more delicate so it’s more prone to getting scratched and will bleed every now and then. Anyway I hope this will give you a little comfort. Try not to worry.
    Just wanted to thank you for this post. I have the same issues as the op & this post really made me feel better.

Can anyone shed any light with my situation, I've made a thread twice but I don't get many replies. I've had pain on and off really since giving birth, also with blood on my stool (this has stopped recently) but I still have pain when having a bowel movement and sometimes for a few hours later I have a throbbing achey pain in my bum.

Sitting here crying as I'm so scared its rectal cancer and I wont see my baby grow up 😪😪😪 I have rang GP, I am waiting on an appointment.

Hi Charlzzzclark. You can get fissures from giving birth specially when it is a normal spontaneous delivery. And yes I also have an achy throbbing pain there hours after having a bowel movement. During BM I feel like I am pooping blades. I can feel something tear down there. This comes and goes. And most of the time it happens when I forget to eat vegetables, drink lots of water or when I eat too much carbs. Last week I saw blood coating my stool again after months and months of not seeing blood. So I panicked. Went to mu doc and he prescribed my hydrocortisone cream. After just 2 days of applying it, the pain went away. I dont see blood anymore. And I am eating more vegetables. Have you tried the Sweet Kale salad? Ive been eating that with my main meal for amfew days now and my BM has been regular, soft and easy to pass. I am having a colonoscopy in January. I think that is the only thing that can make my anxiety go away. Like really find out what is in there.

Quote Originally Posted by AnxiousRN View Post
    Hi Charlzzzclark. You can get fissures from giving birth specially when it is a normal spontaneous delivery. And yes I also have an achy throbbing pain there hours after having a bowel movement. During BM I feel like I am pooping blades. I can feel something tear down there. This comes and goes. And most of the time it happens when I forget to eat vegetables, drink lots of water or when I eat too much carbs. Last week I saw blood coating my stool again after months and months of not seeing blood. So I panicked. Went to mu doc and he prescribed my hydrocortisone cream. After just 2 days of applying it, the pain went away. I dont see blood anymore. And I am eating more vegetables. Have you tried the Sweet Kale salad? Ive been eating that with my main meal for amfew days now and my BM has been regular, soft and easy to pass. I am having a colonoscopy in January. I think that is the only thing that can make my anxiety go away. Like really find out what is in there.
    Aw, thanks for replying!
    A lot of my family and friends have suggested a fissure, nothing I do has gotten rid. I feel like just as it gets better I have a difficult bowel movement and I'm back to square one. I do eat a lot of salad and stuff but not as much water as I used to as I forget when I'm busy with the baby. I also forget to eat sSometimes, when I was in work I was always on top of my eating and drinking habits. Yeah, I see what you mean. I've always had bad health anxiety so, that probably doesnt help. I self diagnose myself with so many different things. I'm only 26, but constantly worrying!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information