Quote Originally Posted by StephA View Post
I’ve had blood in my stools and on the toilet tissue off and on for 6-7 years now. Had a colonoscopy and was told I had internal hemorrhoids. I also had a fissure that the colonoscopy missed but the rectal surgeon found it with an anoscope. I’ll have blood for a few days then go without it for several weeks, then I have it again. I actually had blood on my stool this morning but it doesn’t worry me anymore since the scope didn’t find anything. This morning I actually felt a burning sensation when I went to the bathroom so it could’ve been a hard piece of undigested food or something that scratched my anus on the way out. Also sometimes my stools aren’t hard when I have the bleeding. I think once you get a fissure the tissue there is more delicate so it’s more prone to getting scratched and will bleed every now and then. Anyway I hope this will give you a little comfort. Try not to worry.
Just wanted to thank you for this post. I have the same issues as the op & this post really made me feel better.