Thread: I need some advice and or help, please.

I need some advice and or help, please.

This is kinda a long story, I do apologize for it in advance. If someone, anyone can offer some advice or help on this matter, it would mean the world. I've tried talking with people and they keep saying "Oh, it's just your head messing with you". It very well may be, but not having anyone to talk to about this isn't helping my issue. Anyways, I do have pretty bad health anxiety. Any little thing that happens to my body freaks me out, like what's happening right now. Here's the story.

This randomly started happening Wednesday, the day before thanksgiving. I became really hungry and weak, so I ate. I was still feeling pretty hungry and weak, so I ate some more. It didn't last long and I became weak and hungry again and it's been ongoing ever since. I'm worried it's diabetes or worse. I was on my period that Wednesday when it happened, and I know it can cause increased hunger, but I've never felt it to this extreme before. Idk if my mind is just focusing on it or if something is actually wrong with me. But anyways, my period ended two days after Wednesday and I'm still having this issue and I don't understand why. I do eat, I'm not starving myself, even though it sure feels like it. I did notice my period came a little earlier then usual, but I'm not sure if this is even related anymore. I did text my doctor explaining this issue and he said it was normal, even though I don't feel like it is. I've texted him again telling him it hasn't gotten any better, so I'm waiting on him to reply. But I'm really freaking out because of how this is making me feel. I'm super hungry, it's making me feel weak and very tired. I have 0 energy because of it. I'm worried about passing out or worse. It's a hunger that's so strong that it makes me feel nauseous after a while to where I don't want to eat even though I feel like I should....even though I just ate not too long ago. It's confusing and scary and no one has offered any good advice on this matter. I've been to reddit, an anxiety discord, asking people online and no one has said anything to make me feel any better about this. I did the worse possible thing and googled this feeling, and of course, it says diabetes or thyroid problems. I had my blood tested back in June and everything came back normal, so I'm not sure if those two things can just all the sudden happen. This feeling only started the day before thanksgiving. I'm just so confused and I feel like crap. I'm worried I'm going to stay feeling this way for the rest of my life or something. I don't know if this is just my mind making it worse, or if something is actually wrong. If anyone has had this issue before, please share your experience with me or offer some helpful advice, comforting words, anything! Sorry this was so long, thank in advance!

Re: I need some advice and or help, please.

OK, I've not experienced anything like this that has lasted so many days - but I have had this feeling of 'false hunger' occasionally and mine was related to not drinking enough fluids in relation to food. The stomach/body sometimes doesn't know how to show it feels differently to wanting food or water. Feeling thirsty make you think you are thirsty, they provoke the same feelings. I don't know what your diet is like, or if it is balanced - I will presume you are eating a very varied and good diet, so try increasing water intake ? If your diet isn't good, with enough protein, carbs, fibre etc etc then time to work on that too as deficiency in a large food group can cause hunger. Have you estimated your calorific intake daily since you've been hungry, is it as much as you think it is ?

The weakness and tiredness is not something I have felt in relation to it though - BUT - I will say that even if you do have diabetes or a thyroid issue causing the problems, its no biggy nowadays - so many people are one or the other and easily medicated for both conditions. I think a visit to the GP might be in order, just to make sure there is nothing simple that can addressed underlying it.

I've actually increased my water intake since then because I thought it would help ease that hunger pain or something, so I'm eating and drinking enough I think. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow, but I'm still freaking out about it.

No need to freak......really......there are so many reasons for strange things like this to happen, which really are nothing much.

Look at this list on the article -

...see anxiety is even on that list ! Come back and let us know how you get on with the GP.

Thank you for the list. I'm just hoping it's anxiety and nothing serious. I'll be sure to update tomorrow afterwards. Now Im terrified of the drive to the office with this feeling, haha.

I just got back from my doctors. I told him everything that's going on. He doesn't think there's anything serious, but he took my blood anyways just to rule out anything. So I have to wait a few days to get the results back. I hope I can relax till then. Having anxiety really sucks!

I wonder if it's anything to do with your blood sugars crashing.

i get episodes of this and sometimes I am super hungry with it. Noticeably, no matter what I eat curbs the hunger. I can down a Sunday roast and still feel hungry. Or it will ease for an hour and then I'm starving again. It does go eventually.

Ghost…Spillways

Thread Information