Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lower back pain

Lower back pain

Yoga got multiple health benefits but you gotta do it right. Otherwise you can stuff up your back like what I just done hot damn.

I got herniated slip disc from years back schlepping heavy military equipment. Easy to forget till it come back and bite you.

Got pain traveling down back of one leg.

I ain't gonna take opioids or visit the doc.

I found good exercises for sciatica and back pain on YouTube, will do carefully twice a day.

Has any folk here got experience of the same? Any healing tips? Is it ok to take paracetamol or ibuprofen to give yousself a break?

Thanks in advance.

This should be under Symptoms section but I canned already to get rid of HA stuff now can't get it back

Re: Lower back pain

I have the same thing going on from a car accident years ago. I find that daily walking, and doing the sciatica back stretches before bed really helps me.

Thanks for quick reply Vee! Will do before lunch and before bed

Hi Charlie
    sorry you have a crook back,Vee is right walking helps maybe ease up on the yoga for a cuppla days.
    You can try hot and cold packs on your back as well.

it is good you not going to see Dr Feelgood.

Quinny Xxx

Thanks Quinny yous good ladies know what yous talking about your advice has never failed me

Yep stuff the yoga for a few days

The 5 exercises I will do are actually yoga but not same as a fully fledged gig

Charlie xx

Yeah, if it's sciatica you don't want to be sitting or lying anyway as it makes it worse. Get up and get gentle exercise like walking. Do the stretches but they don't work for everyone. My dad has has sciatica bouts that have left him slithering along the floor like a snake and found stretches unhelpful but a TENS machine worked for him (helped me too up to a point).

Why not switch your yoga to sciatica based stuff? I bet they have some in for that as when I was searching for stretching beyond the NHS recommended basic stuff there were loads of vids about online.

Hi Tezza

Yep I'm gonna do sciatica stretches from YouTube

I wouldn't know the difference between sciatica and a herniated slilp disc but exercises same for both

Charlie

Hey Vee and Quinny

Just done 5 exercises 10 reps and it done no harm, actually 7 exercises coz two yous do both sides. Pain never gotten any worse but I took ibu also

Do yous think this routine twice a day is too much? I got tendency to overdo. Just once before bed?

Thanks Charlie xx

Twice okay. Morning and before bed probably best.

Charlie don’t over do it with the exercises,like Vee said morning/ evening and try a heat pack on your lower back when ya get into bed.Xx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information