Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: music to help

music to help

well this may be help ful it may not but i no for a fact that somt of you get suicidal or icky scary panick thoughts yes?well i got an mp3 player and i found wihle listing i did not have any of these thought (well for one my head was to ful of music) and i found that if i put relaxing songs on it at night time it helped me sleep so this might be helpful if not well it was just a sugestion

Do we move along with fate?
    Or is it fate that unravels wih the steps we take?

Re: music to help

Hi hun

Your suggestion is a great one mate It IS a true fact, that if we can totally distract ourselves away form being very scared of panic, eg, listing to music and other methods of distraction, this lessons the fear, so panic subsides. It is the scary thoughts that fuel are panic.

It is good to hear you have found some music to relax you, thats great hun
    When I was acute, I found that dancing to fast music helped lots to get rid of the adrenaline rush, kids uesed to think I'd lost the plot when they seen me dancing around the room like a loon, HAY, but it worked

Thank you for sharing

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

Hi.

Yes i have to agree Music does help. Also what i find helps me especially before i go to bed at night is just simply watching a movie, takes my mind of things & helps me relax.

I find music that moves me, that makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck is a great tonic! Music can create images, emotions and feelings without speech. It can bring back nice or sad memories, it can calm and relax, it can boost us when we feel low, it can make us laugh or cry and it can be a world language but with the right impact it can always ease a panic.

Anyone listened to Sigur Ros? Their music is beautiful and even though there aren't any words (they use their own made-up language) the music really gets into you and touches you.

I didnt like them at all when I first heard them, but after hearing a few more songs, I think they are inspirational.

hey this a very helpful tip, it helps me alot when i fell scared. i like listening to soulja boy the most - soulja boy is AWESOME!!! especially his song called crank dat

I've noticed that music also helps me relax a bit more I was on the way back from seeing my counseller today and the bus started to get crowded so I got my ipod out, put some music on and I started to feel a bit more relaxed.

John, I had exactly the same experience. My anxiety started when I had to take a crowded coach to see my ex boyfriend every fortnight. One day I had no choice but to come back on the coach and had unhappily resigned myself to an hour and half of trying to surpress panic. My ex lent me his ipod and I listened to Dave Matthews the whole way home, with no anxiety! Infact, I quite enjoyed listening to the music and watching the nightime city lights go by.
    Music gives you the chance to lighten your mood and see things in a more positive light, it definitely helps

xx

Yeh, music is a total saviour for sure!

And yea, Signor Ros is amazing, and I agree that their music is extremely relaxing and inspirational!!!!

Music is definately one of those things, everyone should take note of when they are in a panic, cause it could do wonders!!!

Wollllllllffffffiiiieeeeeeee xx

My life really revolves around music.
    I sing, play the violin, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass guitar, keyboard and piano and I listen to music all the time.
    When I feel particularly bad, I too find that listening to my favourite uplifting songs is as good a drug as anything!
    I think I might invest in an iPod to listen to some relaxing music like you do before I go to bed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information