Thread: Dentist appt for sore tooth. Scared!

Dentist appt for sore tooth. Scared!

I haven't been to a dentist in 7 years. My teeth are pretty healthy ( I think) i have no black or bleeding spots. But I have pain in a tooth( or two cant tell) that has a filling. I'm so scared that I'll need a root canal or something. Ya I know "if you would have gone regularly you wouldnt have this problem..." well my anxiety about it is real and I need help getting to the appt. I have no one to go with me,nor do I want anyone to. I need advice on what I can do to be calm once I'm there. Like I told the receptionist I'm gonna need to be pried out of my car. I'm afraid the waiting room will be full or the wait will be long and I'll end up leaving. When I'm super panicky I dont really have control of that. I kinda black out and I leave. Getting into that chair is a whole other story. Xrays the prodding in my mouth, that napkin around my neck
    Like I cant do this. But I need to. But I'm so scared.

Re: Dentist appt for sore tooth. Scared!

Something else I should add: a few months ago my dad had to have a root canal done. They put him on strong antibiotics that made him severely sick, which his dr said isnt that uncommon with that pill. He has severe diarrhea for weeks and he still isnt right. He can't eat certain foods without being sick
    Im afraid of this happening to me.

Good luck at the dentist. It might just be that your filling needs to be replaced, they often do after a number of years. I had 2 replaced recently. It’ll be worth it to relieve the pain.

Sorry about your Dad, it sounds like the antibiotics upset his digestion quite a lot. But that doesn’t mean it’ll happen to you - and if it did, you would see a doctor who would change the antibiotics or recommend a fix.

Today I feel horrible. I'm super dizzy. I'm not sure if it's my vertigo or anxiety. I can't go anywhere like this I feel like the world is spinning and I know if I move my head too much I will be sick. I dont know what to do

Today I feel horrible. I'm super dizzy. I'm not sure if it's my vertigo or anxiety. I can't go anywhere like this I feel like the world is spinning and I know if I move my head too much I will be sick. I dont know what to do

I hope you feel better soon.

Thread Information