Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Freaking out about Dementia

Re: Freaking out about Dementia

Why not watch a good movie instead?

I tend to find that all the contrived heartwarming/tearjerking stuff just makes me feel hopelessly inadequate, and I'm better off watching something that takes me out of myself.

This happens to people all the time. If you watch live TV, YouTube videos, interviews, etc, people slip all the time. Nothing to worry about, and not even close to abnormal.

Quote Originally Posted by bin tenn View Post
    This happens to people all the time. If you watch live TV, YouTube videos, interviews, etc, people slip all the time. Nothing to worry about, and not even close to abnormal.
    Thanks bin tenn I'm trying real hard today not to freak out but it's so hard. I just can't shake this awful feeling that I have it. I'm trying to watch what I say and talk slowly but I'm just waiting for the next time i mess up my words.

My mother suffered from dementia toward the end of her life. I lived it. I saw what it did to her. To even consider this because you mixed up a few words now and again? I have no words.... Nor do you have dementia. Your anxiety on the other hand is raging! What are you doing to treat the illness you actually have?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    My mother suffered from dementia toward the end of her life. I lived it. I saw what it did to her. To even consider this because you mixed up a few words now and again? I have no words.... Nor do you have dementia. Your anxiety on the other hand is raging! What are you doing to treat the illness you actually have?

Positive thoughts
    Thank you Fishmanpa . I needed to hear that. I'm real sorry to upset you. It's just getting harder and harder to control these thoughts lately. I do need help but I'm just too damn scared to go to the doctors for help. I am my own worst enemy. My head is in a very dark place at the moment

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information