Thread: Chest cold?!

Chest cold?!

I've had a cold for about two weeks. The last few days, it's settled into my chest. If I cough really hard, I get some phlegm up. I'm absolutely terrified that this could be something more serious than just a chest cold. You can hear the rattling in my chest sometimes. Should I go to the ER?!

Re: Chest cold?!

Well you have a cold and the cough can last for weeks/months

If you think you have a chest infection then just go and see your doctor.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Nope, it'll just be a cold. Sometimes they drag out for a bit. You'll be far more likely to catch something nasty if you go to the ER.

Thanks for your reply! I feel okay minus the rattling in my chest and the urge to cough. From what I've read, I could be on the tail end of this cold. I'm worried because I leave for a vacation to FL on Friday. I don't want to be sick while sitting on the beach

I have the same thing going on with me too. I've had my cold for 2 weeks now but now it's just a rattling chest cough. Unless I have a fever I will not be going to the ER. Hopefully the cough will ease up in a few days. One can only hope. Hope you feel better soon

I've had a terrible chest cold for like three weeks now. The cough slowly gets better, but it's been a tough one to shake! Coughs can linger for weeks.

I’ve also been ill for what will be two weeks this Friday, started with a cold, then had a horrible stomach bug (or food poisoning, not sure) for 4/5 days, then straight back to cold type symptoms. Very tiring and frustrating. I was taking extra vit C and echinacea, but I’ve given up on those now.

Yes! I’ve been doing extra vit c as well! The most annoying thing to me is the lack of being able to “hack” everything up. My friend text me saying she thinks I have bronchitis, and it could turn into pneumonia and of course I’m freaking out all over again!

If it helps, I take Mucinex when I have chest colds. Has dexteomethorphan or something like that in it lol. It’s an expectorant, helps break up the phlegm. Lots of fluids also.

Thread Information