Hi everyone. Haven't been here in a while, but I'm in a bit of a panic at the moment.

About two years ago I was experiencing some significant tendon inflammation in my right hand/wrist, had an MRI which revealed fluid and was referred to a rheumatologist, who told me I most likely had rheumatoid arthritis (to quote her, 90% of the people she's seen with MRIs like mine have RA or go on to be diagnosed with it, while 10% don't). But because my blood tests were normal-ish (CRP was the only thing out of range at about 12, with ESR, RF, and anti-CCP all negative/within range) she didn't feel comfortable diagnosing me, and told me to keep an eye on it and to come see her again if anything changed. Well, for two years it didn't. But two weeks ago I noticed a mild pain in my right big toe, and as it hasn't gone away, I made an appointment for tomorrow. I've spent the last two years convincing myself that since I've never experienced the typical RA symptoms - stiffness, pain, fatigue, visible swelling, tenderness, etc. - that she was mistaken and I'm in that 10% after all, and that my hand symptoms were related to overuse as my primary care doctor first suggested. I am on a computer for about 11 hours a day, my ergonomic situation could be a lot better, and my symptoms were all in the hand I use for the mouse. RA is supposed to be symmetrical, but my left hand's never been affected. But there's a rather large part of me that's spent the last 2 years reading up on RA, matching it with things she told me and hoping that by not pursuing a diagnosis I haven't missed that window of opportunity for early treatment, which can potentially stop RA from becoming chronic.

I know no one can tell me not to worry, but I guess I'm just looking for a little comfort. Hoping to leave my appointment tomorrow with good news.