Thanks guys. I had posted also in Health Anxiety, but I'll come back to update here. Things have definitely settled, I got my exam done, and my daughter is doing so so much better! But I definitely have some lingering anxiety just from the major stress of it all! I have TMJ and I think it's been acting up because of stress and yesterday while driving and drinking coffee I suddenly couldn't swallow for a second and it sent me into a huge panic! That is the same sensation that sparked the first panic attack 2 weeks ago, but I hadn't had the sensation since then. I know rationally it's all connected to my tight jaw muscles and stress, it just sucks!!

My daughter is still recovering mentally more than physically at this point because the whole ordeal was so scary for her. She has been waking up once or twice at night, which is not common for her, so my sleep has continued to be interrupted. That always does a number on my mental health! This is the first time in ages - many years - that I've been having traditional anxiety symptoms. I typically have health anxiety that starts off with some symptom, but this time it's all the basic stuff caused by plain old anxiety - tight chest, palpitations, dizziness, heartburn/throat stuff, etc... I forgot how crappy this stuff was!!

My doctor had prescribed the anxiety meds but some how they never made it to the pharmacy. I think she sent to the wrong place so I called yesterday to check and she said she'd send again, but I still haven't gotten a notice that they are ready so I think she still sent them the wrong place. I'll have to write out the phone and fax number and call back to be sure they get this sorted. It would be nice to have a small resource to knock the anxiety down a notch and break the cycle!