Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Needle aspiration/biopsy of son's brain

Needle aspiration/biopsy of son's brain

A couple of months ago I posted that my son was airlifted to hospital with a brain abscess. He spent a week in ICU and then was released. We were told the abscess would decrease over time with powerful IV antibiotics. He just had an MRI on Monday and the growth has not decreased at all but none of his symptoms are back. He is having a needle stuck in his brain tomorrow to either drain the abscess or biopsy the mass. Basically I am freaking out that this is a tumor and I am emotionally swirling the drain and I am in full panic mode. If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know. Thanks and God bless you all.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Needle aspiration/biopsy of son's brain

Can't offer any medical advice but wishing your son a speedy recovery. Sounds like he's in good hands but appreciate how worried you must be.

Please keep us updated.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by j2 View Post
    A couple of months ago I posted that my son was airlifted to hospital with a brain abscess. He spent a week in ICU and then was released. We were told the abscess would decrease over time with powerful IV antibiotics. He just had an MRI on Monday and the growth has not decreased at all but none of his symptoms are back. He is having a needle stuck in his brain tomorrow to either drain the abscess or biopsy the mass. Basically I am freaking out that this is a tumor and I am emotionally swirling the drain and I am in full panic mode. If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know. Thanks and God bless you all.
    I’m praying for you and your son.

Keeping you, your son and family in....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I don't have any medical advise but I do know what you're going through. Sending some hugs. Will be thinking of you and your son. Please keep us posted

Quote Originally Posted by j2 View Post
    the growth has not decreased at all but none of his symptoms are back.
    1. No growth
    2. No symptoms

It's right for them to investigate but the above facts are positive.

9 months ago my son had a lump removed from his neck, initial pathology suggested cancer, I've never been so frightened in my life. Thank God the final pathology proved it was not. I still could fall to the ground and sob when I think about it, I know how you are feeling.

My wish for you is quick results so that you can either know what you're dealing with or have peace of mind. Until then do what you must to stop your brain from spinning out of control imagining the worst... I repeated a very short prayer over and over to block the thoughts, maybe that will work for you. I'm sorry you're going through this.

Please keep in touch

Thinking of you and your dear Son.

Thinking of you and your son!! <3

I do hope today that you will have more definite news as to whether you are dealing with an abscess or a mass. Fingers tightly crossed that the lesion is an abscess which can be drained today. It's an awful time for you and your family....please keep us updated. Nothing you can do to influence the results but it's very positive that your little boy has no recurring symptoms.

Try to stay strong for your little boy.

It is 4a.m. here in the states and we are off to the hospital. I have barely slept and can barely focus. I feel so selfish as I need answers and can't stop crying. I need to be strong for him but I am weak, so very weak. Thank you for the prayers.

j2

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information