Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Needle aspiration/biopsy of son's brain

Re: Needle aspiration/biopsy of son's brain

No,you are a strong woman,

Wishing you and your son the very best of luck for today.

There is no worse feeling than worrying over your child. Best of wishes today j2, hope your son is coping ok.

Prayers for you and your son today! Please update when you know more. I know it’s next to impossible but try to think as many positive thoughts as you can!

Well, it is not an abscess, it is a tumor of some kind. I have been crying for hours and resisting googling. The biopsy will take 11 days. I am a mess, I am shattered and I am trying to be positive but at everything turn this just keeps getting worse. I need to be strong but he is old enough to know this is really bad and I am not able to help him. If there is a God, I need him. I am so lost.

I am so very sorry that this is happening. It is such a nightmare. Unfortunately I know exactly what you are going through. My heart aches for you. It's truly the worst words any parent can hear.
    Try to stay positive (I know its easier said than done) It could be a very treatable tumour. Did they say what kind it might be?
    Again I am so sorry. I really wish I could say something to comfort you. You will be strong for your son believe me.

They said some words like glioma but I am afraid to google. I know it hasn't grown in almost 2 months but I tried to get the doctor to tell me this was a sign it was benign but I couldn't get him to commit to that. I don't know what to do.

I'm really sorry to here this. You must be in pieces. I do hope you hope you have some real life support around you to get help you through this awful time

Wishing your son all the best in recovery from this and back home where you can all be enjoying life together and putting this behind you.

J2 I've been thinking about you all day and looking for your update.. I so wish you'd have answers sooner than 11 days. Waiting is literally torture.

I did look for you and there are "gliomas" are benign.

I'm hanging onto the fact that it had not grown and his symptoms did not come back.

I feel so terrible for you, the feeling of sheer terror is still so fresh in my mind with my own son.

Please stay with us, let us be your sounding board and support you best we can.

Would you be ok posting his first name? I would like to pray for him.

11 days seems a long time for a biopsy though. Is there a reason it can't be turned around quicker at the lab?

Like Nancy I had a look also and there is hope to hang onto. Like you were thinking it could be a low grade type and the doctor may be wary of not saying for sure until he/she has all the facts in front of them given this is such a serious situation. The doctor may have also implied that as a possibility too and given you are (very understandably) not taking everything in right now that might be another reason why they are playing it cautious.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information