Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Needle aspiration/biopsy of son's brain

Re: Needle aspiration/biopsy of son's brain

His name is Gavin. I wish I had faith.

Not sure what to tell you other than it's not the worst case scenario until they tell you it is.

Thinking of you and Gavin, and hoping with all my heart that things work out for you.

I am praying for Gavin and I can tell you my faith in God is abundant.

“ I know that worrying gets me nowhere. Yet I still allow worry and anxiety to consume me.
    In times such as these, Lord, I ask you to grant me a great amount of strength, faith, and courage to fight off the doubt and fear within my minds. Faith casts out fear while fear casts out faith.”

As a mom I don’t have the words to
    Ease your troubled heart and mind but please know you are not alone. Praying for benign results.

I have been crying all night. He is asking if he is going to die. I am not enough for him right now.

You're being all you can be, and nobody can ask more of you than that.

I’m so sorry that this is happening :( The fact that it isn’t growing and the symptoms aren’t returning is promising. I’ll be thinking and praying for him.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Sending strength and positive thoughts your way.

Never Surrender, Comrade

J2, you are what he needs right now.....because you are his parent, who he loves and who loves him, and that is what he needs. I am also thinking of you and Gavin, and sending all hopes possible for a benign resolution, or something that needs easy treatment. As a parent I can imagine to a small extent your absolute mind and body engulfing fear and pain, but I'm not in your position and it must be raw, terrifying and feel its beyond copeable. Spill your thoughts and feeling out here, it is only a small thing, but we will listen. I don't have religious faith either, of the sort you refer to, but I have faith in people, doctors and professionals to do the very best for your boy. I mean no disrespect to anyone who has religious faith, everyone is different, but instead of expecting prayers to make a difference instead put your faith in people around you who are working miracles day in and day out as it is my opinion that they are the ones who matter.
    Last edited by Carys; 06-12-19 at 17:21.

I’m thinking of you and Gavin. I hope that he’ll be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    J2, you are what he needs right now.....because you are his parent, who he loves and who loves him, and that is what he needs. I am also thinking of you and Gavin, and sending all hopes possible for a benign resolution, or something that needs easy treatment. As a parent I can imagine to a small extent your absolute mind and body engulfing fear and pain, but I'm not in your position and it must be raw, terrifying and feel its beyond copeable. Spill your thoughts and feeling out here, it is only a small thing, but we will listen. I don't have religious faith either, of the sort you refer to, but I have faith in people, doctors and professionals to do the very best for your boy. I mean no disrespect to anyone who has religious faith, everyone is different, but instead of expecting prayers to make a difference instead put your faith in people around you who are working miracles day in and day out as it is my opinion that they are the ones who matter.
    I echo what Carys says. Have faith in the doctors who have the expertise to provide the very best treatment plan for Gavin. You don't know what you are dealing with yet and this is the worst part. You are able to speculate on the very worst case scenario when there is fear and uncertainty yet no definitive biopsy result. Gavin will need you to be positive for his sake no matter how terrified you are. He needs you to be in control and someone who can answer his questions in order to keep his own fears in check. You will have to pretend to be coping with all this in front of him which will be really hard but you will do it for Gavin.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information