Thread: Breast Boil - now OCD checking

Breast Boil - now OCD checking

Hi everyone,

It is has been a long time since I have been on NMP pleased to say I have kept my panic / health anxiety under control for the better part of the last 8 years.

However ... things have gotten a bit worse lately (that's another story and I am booked to go see a physiologist in the next 2 weeks).

Anyhow, nearly 2 weeks ago I found a red sort spot under my right breast (I am pretty large breasted).
    This threw me and I freaked out, luckly was able to get into the doc within the hour.
    Doc had a look and could see that it was inflamed, irritated and was on the surface level of the skin and diagnosed it as a boil.
    I think what happened was my sports bra along with my heart rate tracker I use for gym was rubbing a lot in that area.

Anyhow, I have been on medication for 2 weeks and it is a slow healing process, it looks a lot better than when I first found it.

What has happened now it has put my health anxiety back into overdrive, and I cannot stop thinking about it. Thinking the worst. Thinking is it more than just a boil. To the point now that I believe I am making myself 'feel' symptoms that may or may not be there (yeah you know what I mean ha!). I am constantly looking, feeling and touching. My rational side of my brain is yelling at me to stop, that you know what this is and to not feed these thoughts. The irrational side is clearly not thinking.

Long story short, I just wanted to jump on and say hello and seek some support from you all.

Has anyone else experienced a breast boil before and what was your experience like?

Re: Breast Boil - now OCD checking

Yep, I get these occasionally; they go down on their own but it can take a few weeks. They used to freak me out but they're very definitely just a low-grade skin infection so they don't bother me any more.

Yes, have had smaller versions of these (blind spots) occasionally and they do take a couple of weeks to resolve. Like Blue Iris said, I think they are low grade skin infections.

The curse of being larger chested lol. I get these too. Less now that I don’t wear bras with underwires anymore. I think they were making the rubbing worse!

Yes, the curse of being large chested. I am surprised that this is the first time that I have experienced this. I have in the past had a rash but nothing like a boil.

Thinking about boils that I have had in the down stairs area, I know they take a while to get better and the colour takes a while to fade away. So really, why should a boil on my breast be any different.

Thanks ladies - you have made me feel much better

Thread Information