Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Migraine aura... scared!

Re: Worried that migraine aura is astrocytoma

Some great reassurance there thank've you, i been getting these arounsd once a month, there were more frequent but seem tobe not so now.

Would a Dr stop you driving whilst investigating the above does anyone know? how do they diagnose Migraine with Aura's?

I suffer from Stress and Anxiety but since having hypnotherapy and taking CBD ive been alot lot better.

If you get the classic visual aura, your GP will diagnose it from your description.

I don't drive, but I did read up on it - they don't automatically stop you driving by any means.

Thankyou BlueIris for your reassuring swift reply,

Glad to. You're the only person I've ever met who seemed to get them anything like as often as I did.

I've posted on here before a out aura, I had it twice when I was pregnant without the migraine, thought I was having a stroke!! The first one I couldn't get my words out and had tunnel vision, the 2nd time I had numbness down my left side, even in my tongue and couldn't get my words out aswell as wierd vision. It scared the life out of me, touch wood now I haven't had one in over 3 years but they are terrifying and for ages I couldn't accept that it was just an aura. Don't spend any more time worrying about this, like others have said, youd be getting them all the time if it was down to astrocytoma x

Brain tumour migraine aura fears again :(

So I’ve been okay lately... but an article popped up about a girl having headaches and suddenly dying from brain tumour complications without even knowing she had one and I got really worried again.

When I was 18 I randomly started getting migraine auras (blind spot, then zig zag in vision and some numbness). It happened around 3 times in the first year, twice the next, and none this year... for now lol. Anyway, out of all the times I had 2 pretty bad ones with numbness that really freaked me out. I just worry that because it appeared so suddenly when I was 20 or so, and I had never had them before, that it means something bad. I also remember I had this weird OCD thing where I would shake my head up and down, and I did it on and off over a few years and I’m worried maybe that caused it too and I have brain damage or something.

Anyway, haven’t had a migraine aura in a year or so as I said, but still worried it’s somehow a brain tumour :( only thing logically telling me it’s not is that if it were a brain tumour causing random visual things, it would be an occipital tumour and so would be more frequent not less frequent, as it would be growing. So then the brain damage worry comes in again :/ aah help, convinced ill just die at any moment now

Re: Brain tumour migraine aura fears again :(

Quote Originally Posted by Dimdim101 View Post
    So I’ve been okay lately... but an article popped up about a girl having headaches and suddenly dying from brain tumour complications without even knowing she had one and I got really worried again.

When I was 18 I randomly started getting migraine auras (blind spot, then zig zag in vision and some numbness). It happened around 3 times in the first year, twice the next, and none this year... for now lol. Anyway, out of all the times I had 2 pretty bad ones with numbness that really freaked me out. I just worry that because it appeared so suddenly when I was 20 or so, and I had never had them before, that it means something bad. I also remember I had this weird OCD thing where I would shake my head up and down, and I did it on and off over a few years and I’m worried maybe that caused it too and I have brain damage or something.

Anyway, haven’t had a migraine aura in a year or so as I said, but still worried it’s somehow a brain tumour :( only thing logically telling me it’s not is that if it were a brain tumour causing random visual things, it would be an occipital tumour and so would be more frequent not less frequent, as it would be growing. So then the brain damage worry comes in again :/ aah help, convinced ill just die at any moment now
    Random headaches aren't brain tumours, nor is occasional visual things. My father had one, and, trust me, there is no denying that you know there is something seriously, seriously not right

Re: Brain tumour migraine aura fears again :(

Quote Originally Posted by wilky44 View Post
    Random headaches aren't brain tumours, nor is occasional visual things. My father had one, and, trust me, there is no denying that you know there is something seriously, seriously not right
    I suppose that’s what happens more often than not, but unfortunately there are so many articles around like ‘this woman didn’t know she had a brain tumour for years...’ or something like the one I read yesterday where she complained of headaches and died a week later with nobody considering brain tumour :( *sigh*

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Please help so scared

So I just read an article about how some 17 year old turned his head quickly and he died because he tore an artery in his neck causing a blood clot and then stroke

I'm so scared. I'm only 23 but a few years ago I had this weird OCD thing where I would shake my head up and down forcefully for a few seconds at a time. I did it on and off for a few years - haven't done that for like 4 years now, looking back I have no idea why I was doing that. Anyway, I am worried I will end up like him now :( Obviously it happens in the moment so if that had happened to me I would have died ages ago from it, but I'm worried maybe I weakened the blood vessels or something and now any small movement will cause me to have the same fate... Could that be possible?

I know it's very rare, and who knows, maybe he had some genetic predisposition like those people who have heart attacks at 17, but aah it's so scary to think about and I feel so vulnerable. And when I think about it, there's lots of people who do head banging motions at concerts and don't get strokes so I think you just have to be unlucky for it to happen to you :\

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information