Thread: Freaking out over left side temple tightness/pressure

Freaking out over left side temple tightness/pressure

So absolutely freaking out and thinking about going to a and e to checked out but I don't want to it come to that! Today I woke up with left side pressure in my temple, I have gone from menegitis to stroke and also brain bleed where I knocked my head on Tuesday,even though the knock wasnt hard I am convinced it is that, I do feel sick, dizzy or anything like that.

I'm also trying to stay calm and positive and put it down to more simple things, its my day off work today so I had lay in, I was probably in bed nearly 12 hours which is very unusual for me. My left neck and shoulder is also very tight, maybe from over sleeping or the gym and my face and jaw is also very tense due to anxiety.

Its not a pain its more of a tightness like someone squeezing the left side of my head it only lasts a few seconds a d goes for a few minutes or so. Has anyone had anything like this and should I get it checked out ASAP?

Re: Freaking out over left side temple tightness/pressure

OK so I've calmed down a lot, took paracetamol and the ache/pressure has died down, but I asked my girlfriend if she give me a a shoulder and neck massage and when she was she hit a point and I could feel it go into my temple, everytime I push that spot it hurts my head, could it just be a muscular or nerve thing cause a headache?

Those suck, I know. I often get head area pains that can be exacerbated by touching a certain spot on my neck or shoulders. It happens, but nothing to worry about.

Hey thanks for the reply, HA has calmed down over it now and realise it is just do with tension in a certain spot in the shoulders like you said! I try not to post on here as much but when my HA gets really bad its either here or google

Haha. Posting here is better than Google so long as you can take advice rather than ignoring it.

Thread Information