Thread: Palpitations

Palpitations

I’ve been getting so many heart palpitations for the last couple of weeks and I’m sure they are getting worse. I was very upset and anxious a couple of weeks ago about diabetic neuropathy. I spoke to my dr who really helped and the pain I could feel in me feet stopped within a couple of days but I’ve been left with these heart palpitations. Works been very stressful and I first noticed one or 2 palpitations happening there but as that’s settled they’ve stopped at work but happen at home. I’ve lost count how many I’ve had tonight. It’s like now I’m trying to relax they are getting worse. Has anyone else suffered with them like this?

Re: Palpitations

Yes. The more stressed and anxious you are the more you will have, the more you think about them, the more they will happen. You don’t get so many work because you are occupied and your mind is on other things. Keep yourself busy, distracted and try to ignore them.
    Last edited by Careful1; 06-12-19 at 03:57.

Have you looked here?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I've had them for 24hrs+ where they occur 1-2 minutes apart (I know, I timed them) and they didn't let up the entire time. Then they would disappear the following day. Talked to my cardiologist about it and his response was "they sure can be a nuisance sometimes, huh?"

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I’ll try to ignore them today it’s just so horrible and when I feel them i get such an awful feeling of panic it stops me in my tracks. Last night I had no interest in anything I felt so low about them

I had these for years. They were so bad a year ago that they would make me catch my breath. So I went to a cardiologist and had the full work
    up. Not a thing wrong. Anxiety and as it turns out stress. He did recommend I lose some weight. Well I lost 40lbs and don’t get them anymore. The point is I had them all the time and had an EKG which was abnormal and I wore a holster monitor and I had an ultrasound and did a stress test. All normal

Thank you for replying. I’ve lost 56lbs so far this year so that’s in my favour I just wish this would stop they are really scary and I feel like I’m constantly waiting for the next. I’ve never had them one offer the other like this

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information