Thread: Fear of Flu!

Fear of Flu!

I'm so afraid of getting the flu. I'm afraid of catching it myself but I'm also afraid for my kids,2 and 10. My 10 yr old had minor asthma and my son has a really hard time with chesty mucousy colds. They are saying this year is already turning out to be a bad one. Myself and the kids got out flu shot. I wash my hands a gazillion times a day and make sure my kids to if they touch something icky. I lysol stuff after guests leave. I try to keep my house as germ free as possible. I'm as proactive as I can be but I'm so afraid of the worst happening if any of us gets it
    Esp my youngest.
    If I'm near someone and they say "I dont feel well" well I immediately feel sick myself. I hate feeling like this.

Re: Fear of Flu!

This comes up every flu season. Get the vaccine and hope for the best is all you can do Been getting it the last 20+ years and haven't gotten it so....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I have never had the flu that I know of. I'm just worried that if me and my kids get it at the same time I wont be able to care for them like I should. I have my hubs to help when hes not working and my mom but I cant ask her to watch my kids and possibly give her the flu

My experience of mums is they get themselves up and looking after the house despite being ill to look after anyone ill in the family. I expect you would just get on with because you would have to.

As someone who has had asthma since early childhood and many chest infections, especially in primary school, I would say remember that there are many millions of us and it's only those with more severe asthma that have to take special precautions. If it happened you would get your 10 year old to your doctor who would prescribe some antibiotics and maybe some steroids if his breathing needed it as well as increase his inhaler regime until he was better.

This is something that child will be working around all their lives but milder forms of asthma don't hold you back and you will both handle it.

Thanks. I hope that I would. I have never had the flu so I dont really know how bad it is. Heres to hopping and praying we dont have to find out!

Thread Information