Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd period within 10 days

2nd period within 10 days

My period started as usual on November 22nd lasted the normal 5 days or so but I’ve come on again yesterday.

Since May I’ve lost 4 stone in weight through diet and exercise. I’ve been taking cerezette for about 7 years and until this summer my periods had almost stopped. I put it down to birth control but I’m wondering if it was due to my weight.

Now I’ve lost weight my periods have been a little strange they started like clockwork then one month I had 2 periods within a few weeks, put it down to weight loss/ stress etc didn’t think much of it. A couple of months later I had a period that lasted 15 days spoke to the dr who suggested I had some swabs done (came back clear) said it was probably hormonal and it should sort itself out. It did. Now this has happened I’ve been very stressed the last couple of weeks so wondered if that could cause a second period within about 10 days? I’m due my next smear in January last one in 2017 came back fine.

Any suggestions? Anything similar? I’m really worried it could be something serious

Re: 2nd period within 10 days

I would watch and see. I used to have periods every 2 weeks and they were very heavy. In the end I got a coil fitted to sort it out.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks for the reply I’ll see what happens it’s not really got any heavier today so hopefully it will trail off

Hiyer, how old are you ?

It sure sounds like hormonal imbalance - as someone at 51 years old (and there are others on here too who share my life position and trust me we've gone through and through period woes lol) having a period restart, or a new one start, or even mid cycle bleeding are not uncommon (and it could be any of those scenarios if you are bleeding again withing 10 days). I am real close to meno and now skipping an odd cycle, but for me when you said about the '15 day period' it reminds me so much of the perimenopause journey - every other period I had for 2 years was between 12 - 21 days ! The ones inbetween those often came very quickly one ontop of the other. I won't go into every possible irregular that can happen, but trust me nothing ever remains the same each month and every manner of strange is possible once things go a bit up the spout lol If you aren't perimenopause, and are much younger, then worth getting some hormonal bloods done, as there can be lots of very simple reasons for things being out of kilter - weight loss, stress, dietary changes blah blah. Maybe the pill isn't suiting you at the moment and causing some issues ? Could it be breakthrough bleeding ? It might be worth asking your GP to get those bloods set up for you if things don't resolve over the next couple of months, then if they show anomalies then you can consider the possible causes, but they can be notoriously hard to diagnose from as things can vary from one day to the next and one hour to the next.

Slight variation in the very sensitive balance of the female hormones - and all sorts of odd things can happen. Just one example - stress affects progesterone production, as if you are stressed the body makes adrenaline instead. The fact that since the last odd period it all regulated again is a very positive sign that would certainly indicate there is nothing to be unduly concerned about but I do understand how concerning it is when your 'normal' is thrown up in the air, . I'd watch and wait too....... ;o)

(Sorry if a little lacking continuity, the above post, lack of sleep)
    Last edited by Carys; 07-12-19 at 22:39.

Thank you for your reply. I’m 33 and have been really anxious the last 3 weeks. I think my adrenaline has been high because of this and I’ve had lots of ectopics/ palpitations. I always thought stress made periods stop but seems it’s the opposite for me. When I had the 15 day period back in September I was really anxious about it contacted my dr on day 14 and on day 15 it just stoped, as quick as that then back to normal the next 2 months but I have lost another half a stone in weight in that time so maybe that’s contributed. Also ramped up the exercise a little the last 2 weeks as wanted to reach my 4 stone weight loss before Christmas and couldn’t shift a couple of stubborn pounds. Thanks again I’m going to try and not worry about it as I’m sure it will only make things worse and hope things go back to as normal as possible soon

I think thats wise to just see it as 'things a little awry', and remember it can take quite a few months for things like this to resolve - often everything doesn't just click back into place, there are a few swings this way and that of those hormomes as dominance is shifted around whilst its trying to regulate. Mine won't be 'clicking back into place' lol its a downward slope lol However, at 33 (unless you are in quite early perimenopause, which isn't that uncommon actually, as peri can take 10 years to complete to full meno) I think you can expect that the reasons for your messed up cycles are related to your stress and weight loss possibly in combination with your pill ? Anyway, no reason to worry if your GP wasn't last time. Go with 'the flow' and remember you can always go back and get advice if you continue to be concerned (sorry for that pun!)

lol love the pun! Thank you for your kind and reassuring words. From what you’ve said and what I’ve read I think it’s breakthrough bleeding. It’s not heavy at all and very dark in colour just more of an inconvenience than anything but I’m hopeful once it’s finished I now won’t be on for Christmas so every cloud and all that!

I've had similar issues with cerazette, funnily enough having lost a similar amount of weight. I didn't have any bleeding for years on it, unless I missed a few doses. This year though it just became almost constant. I came off it for a couple of weeks on doctor's advice but it made no difference. Eventually I started keeping a calendar of bleeding and showed my GP. He told me to take 2 pills each day rather than one, which seems to have worked. Definitely don't do that without GP advice though. If I were you I'd be inclined to see how it goes, but it is worth keeping a diary to show your GP if it doesn't improve.

Thanks for your reply. I’m going to keep a diary from now on and also write how I’m feeling anxiety wise to see if anything marries up. I’m due my next smear in January so I’ll mention it then and see what they say

Sounds like a good plan. I hope it eases up for you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information