Thread: Hard feeling in stomach

Hard feeling in stomach

I'm having a lot of stomach problems for the last week or so. I suffer with IBS and acid reflux but I've never had such problems as I have at the moment. When I lay on my left side it feels like there is something there. I am obese and have a lot of belly fat so o think it's is this but I'm getting frustrated with it. I went to the hospital walk in clinic this week and was told it was constipation but it isn't getting any better. I had a recent bereavement so I'm very stressed as well.

Has anyone had any feelings with their stomach before?

Thanks in advance

Re: Hard feeling in stomach

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_ View Post
    I'm having a lot of stomach problems for the last week or so. I suffer with IBS and acid reflux but I've never had such problems as I have at the moment. When I lay on my left side it feels like there is something there. I am obese and have a lot of belly fat so o think it's is this but I'm getting frustrated with it. I went to the hospital walk in clinic this week and was told it was constipation but it isn't getting any better. I had a recent bereavement so I'm very stressed as well.

Has anyone had any feelings with their stomach before?

Thanks in advance
    Yes I have and yes stress can cause havoc with your digestion as it's the brain-gut connection. The digestive system can slow down the transit of food or speed it up depending on your metabolism. By all means see your Dr for a review. If you have IBS, then maybe a gluten free diet may help even if you're not coeliac, which is worth getting tested for. Also delayed gastric emptying can cause stomach issues as the food sits in the stomach too long (stress also makes this worse). This can be helped by a prescription med called Domperidone.

If may also help to consider a doable weight reduction plan which will ultimately help your digestion too.

Re: Hard feeling in stomach

Hi, thanks for the response. I am currently on Slimming world so I'm trying to lose weight. I have a GP appointment tomorrow as this isn't getting any better

Thread Information