Thread: Dark brown mucus in stool

Dark brown mucus in stool

I have had ibs for years and piles. I don't currently have piles but a very occasional streak of bright red blood on tissue or on the stool but more so dark brownish almost red mucus. I also have skin tags. I had a colonoscopy 2 years ago and an occult test and was given the all clear. The mucus has never bothered me but the change of colour has made me worry a little. I've normally had clearish to light brown. Is this something others have experienced? I'm trying not to worry but it's very hard as you h.a. sufferers know!

Re: Dark brown mucus in stool

Hi, i've had this, it can look like it has a reddish hue to it but when I smear it on the paper it's more orange or yellow. The mucus does pick up the colour from the stool and it depends on what you've eaten aswell. I still worry obsessively about it but try to rationalise, not always easy with HA though.

Hope this helps.

Re: Dark brown mucus in stool

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    Hi, i've had this, it can look like it has a reddish hue to it but when I smear it on the paper it's more orange or yellow. The mucus does pick up the colour from the stool and it depends on what you've eaten aswell. I still worry obsessively about it but try to rationalise, not always easy with HA though.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you. Yes the obsessing is awful. I just jump from one bodypart to another. I get the all clear in one thing and am at peace for a week or two only to start on something else.

Thread Information