Thread: Don't really know where to post this.....

Don't really know where to post this.....

Im a bit stressed out, a long time friend of mine who was the friend who took me out for dinner on my birthday and saw me have the worst panic attack of my life.....he started to behave strange after that happened. and then today out of nowhere i have had the most BS message from him accusing me of all sorts .... then hes blocked me and just basically cut all contact im trying to not get upset but i can feel the stress and anxiety building inside me....i just give up i feel like people can be so cruel. and i literally tried to reply a supportive message saying if he needs some time out then ill happily be there for him when he wants me but i couldnt even reply because i was already blocked.....so upset and dissapointed

Re: Don't really know where to post this.....

I'm so very sorry. People can be awful sometimes.

That is cruel and I’m so sorry. He sounds pretty toxic, so if I were you I’d block him right back.
    There are lots of good people out there, don’t be too worried about putting yourself out there to find them x

Does he understand your panic? If so it's strange he has acted this way. If not then explanation will hopefully help him to understand how they affect people.

Was he embarassed? I ask because I'm wondering if he is throwing a strop over some spilt milk at a time when sticking by his friend would be the way to go.

He may have demons himself, no excuse, but it might not be able to cope. He may also have a new relationship and is frightened to tell you. Again, no excuse for bad behaviour.
    What I am saying is its probably not you and him. x

How are you feeling today, Phoenixess?

Hi Guys!
    I couldn't agree more with what you have all said. Ive still been feeling pretty down about the whole thing and even started to question myself when i message my other friends now. Starting to make me read messages from people in a negative way also interaction with others ive been avoiding it. Today,sadly, a Christmas card arrived from my friend his wife and children and i presume he sent this before he got mad and blocked me out of his life altogether. Not to mention ive been blocked on twitter by him and he blocked my mum on facebook. he went all out savage on me. I guess my idea is if he felt so strongly im sad he felt he had to act insincerely for so long and id rather we had had a conversation about it and parted on better terms. From my end im just going to have to see this as an opportunity for someone new to come into my life and be genuine compared to him.
    Today i managed to go to a official committee meeting at Uni and spoke confidently despite burping because i was anxious and my breathing was a little off whack. Im doing well with cbt and felt it was positive today. Though tonight when i got sad my demons reappeared in my head but im trying to not let them get the better of me although i feel convinced what they are saying is true... but they belong on the health anxiety thread.
    As for now I guess i need to try to look forward and hope perhaps a shiny silver libing is behind the dark clouds...with hope of a lottery winfall tonight.... one can wish eh?
    My quote of the day was "I seem to get through friends as socks vanish in a washing machine"......
    on that note i shall go x

It's not you Phoenixess, this sort of thing happens to many pet people. It happens in life, not nice admit and it will take time to get over. And yes, you do take it personally, you are only human and to some extent you might blame yourself in some way even though nothing happened on your part. The answer to what happened may never be revealed but you can't bash yourself up over it. It's not worth it at the end of the day to punish yourself and let it affect your health and state of mind.
    To be honest the other person is the shallow one for allowing it to become a poisonous ending and they will have to live with that too.
    As each day goes by it will fade and become easier to digest and you end up chalking it up as a disappointment in life which in time will be replaced with better people that you can trust and rely on.
    Be kind to yourself and give yourself a treat and leave this unpleasant incident in the past where it belongs. x

Thank you Carnation, I definitely feel less consumed with the sadness today. And slowly regaining trust in communication with people....
    A new dawn and New day.......

My gosh- I just read this and I wanted to say how horrid that is! People can be so cruel! I have lost some friends due to my own mh and it can be so cutting. I'm sending you lots of love and positive thoughts

Thread Information