Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling hopeless today

Re: Feeling hopeless today

So true...I have bouts of it and staying calm about it is vital. If you get stressed about not sleeping you are creating yet another anxiety to beat yourself up with. Make sure your phone is off and any clocks are not in your vision. Nothing worse than watching the minutes tick by. Try counting from a ridiculously high number backwards....500,000.....every time you make a mistake, which you will, you have to start from the beginning. I have a lot of success with that one. I think you eventually bore yourself to sleep. Or use the time for mediation/mindfulness. The important thing is to stop your mind whirling and stressing.

Ghost…Spillways

Thanks guys for all your tips. I will definitely try those. Didn’t lie awake for hours last night but did wake up several times.
    YNWA - are you still on meds? Which one did you end up on after Prozac? I’ve been on the citalopram again a while now. It has helped with anxiety at least with the physical symptoms but not with the negative worrying thoughts or the depression. I’m really scared to change to something else in case it doesn’t work either. The psych wants me to increase my dose first before switching but lots of people say it’s best to stick to the one dose so I don’t know what to do

Hi Windywel

yeah still on my meds, I switched to citralopram but couldn’t get on with them, made everything worse, so I went back to my original ones which is fluanxol, never had any side effects and worked quite quickly, don’t get me wrong they are not a miracle cure, nothing is but they do help...they are not an ssri, don’t think I can tolerate them, so doc recommended these, they are old school not one of the new meds...

hope your feeling better tonight xxx

How are you sleeping now Windywel?

Ghost…Spillways

Hi Darksky - last 2 nights been a little better - especially last night I’ve upped my meds - just by 5 mgs to take it slowly and also been trying to cut down on the lorazepam so now taking every second day. Seem to be ok tho I def feel less anxious when I have it. Haven’t been in floods of tears since Monday so that’s a good sign! Slowly onwards and upwards I guess! I went in and talked to the chemist and she recommended a couple of things but when I told her I had sons melatonin she said use that! I have been too scared to and still haven’t tried it! She said you need to take it about an hour before bed and then do all the good sleep routine things so no screens, relaxing etc and then it works. She also recommended a natural product made from tart cherries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information