Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: had another episode in the shower

felt weird in the shower

hi all, more health issues again...

i got a shower tonight and before the shower, i suddenly felt really weak and i couldn't breathe, like i was going to pass out.
    im out now, and im terrified. is this panic??? i felt a little better earlier, but now i think the panic is starting to set back in.
    please help tell me that im okay and that im not having a heart attack or a stroke or anything

Re: felt weird in the shower

my neck and shoulders were also really really tense, i dont know what's wrong with me? this is just panic, right?

The tense neck and shoulders says panic to me but if you're worried get it checked out.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

i asked my mom if we could go to the doctor at some point, she said we would, but we dont have a doc that takes my insurance right now. i am so afraid and worried something might be wrong with me but i dont know it...i have severe hypochondria and not knowing what's happening to me is giving me severe panic attacks and im afraid that it might be too late once we find a doctor

ive been to the doctor for unrelated things before and im sure if they would've found something wrong they would've told me? they listened to my lungs and i had an EKG five months ago, and everything was clear, they didnt say anything about my lungs

im honestly really scared that it could possibly be a brain tumor or something, i've had neck spasms for a while now, but no other symptoms other than anxiety and shortness of breath sometimes, i feel like im unraveling and going crazy

Sounds exactly like panic.

It's common in the shower because of heat, noise, enclosed space, no quick way out etc.

Just file it under 'sh1t happened' and move on. Take another shower later/tomorrow and keep telling yourself that you're doing something completely normal and not dangerous.

There is no way this is medically sinister.
    Last edited by ankietyjoe; 11-12-19 at 12:38.

Exclamation HELP new fear!!!!!

im scared to death of pulmonary fibrosis now!!! i felt like i wasnt getting enough air into my lungs so i accidentally started googling and then i started reading about pulmonary fibrosis and now im terrified that i might have it?? i have two cats and i use a kitty litter with sodium bentonite and im scared that it's gotten into my lungs and now i only have 5 years to live and my breathing is only going to get worse?? please please please help me,,

Re: HELP new fear!!!!!

C'mon LanerB, one doesn't "accidentally" start Googling You do have quite an imagination though

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: HELP new fear!!!!!

you're absolutely right,

idk i just noticed sometimes i have a small, sometimes dry cough and there are times where i feel like i'm not getting enough air in my lungs...
    im terrified now honestly,,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information