Thread: No anxiety till now

No anxiety till now

I’ve had constant worry about bowel cancer ever since my HA started. Slightly over 5 years ago I had a colonoscopy done this was because I had a few symptoms, they found out I had a small polyp. He said come back in 5 years to do another one. I’m just slightly over5 years by a month or so. My bowels are all over the place all the time.Theu always have been but more recently I get constipation most of the time with the occasional diarrhoea thrown in. I have a blood but I know I have a pile it’s bright red. I’m worried that because I get changing stools between c and d (I know that’s what they say about bowel cancer. Last night I was woken with a terrible stomach ache and I needed to the toilet IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. I know that is a sign to now it’s caused me to have a panic attack and I’m frightened. I’m exhausted I haven’t gone back to sleep yet. I spoke to m can’t therapist about this whole subject today before any of this happened and I think my mind nd has started to panic again because I’m just over the five years it’s now started to worry of again. Does anyone else need to get up in the night??

Re: No anxiety till now

Hi DonnaT,

Hope you're feeling a bit better today.

I like yourself have had weird bowel issues but mine is more diarrhoea and pain with mucus. It doesn't wake me up in the middle of the night and my symptoms are not so severe but I am currently being tested of IBD (had a colonoscopy which shows mild inflammation only).

It seems your symptoms are making you feel very uncomfortable physically and for that I would visit a doctor. Not that I think anything it wrong, its likely IBS or IBD but so you can get back to feeling better quicker I would see your primary care doctor. I was told by mine that colon cancer takes 9/10 years to grow. If you had a colonoscopy 5 years ago, it's very unlikely and it grows from polyps. They would have removed the polyp they found, so I doubt its cancer.

Try to stay calm and see your doctor as soon as you can, you'll feel better for it.

Best wishes to you!

Re: No anxiety till now

A few years back, I'd awaken at least once a week at 3am with crippling stomach cramps and diarrhoea. I was too cowardly to see a doctor, but it settled down eventually without intervention and I haven't dropped dead yet.

Thread Information