Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chances I could have pancreatic cancer?

Pain in left side, worried about cancer and P.E (accidentally deleted post - sorry)

(I'm on my phone and accidentally deleted my post while trying to edit it. This is the original post text. I have new "symptoms" that I'll add in a comment)

ORIGINAL POST

I've made a couple of similar posts with similar issues over the period of two years, and this last week this back/side/under rib pain has been back. Its a mostly dull pain and every now and then feels sharp. It's been mostly on my left side but I've had it on the right and around my back the last few days too.
    I'm worried because I googled and saw that random intervals of pain like this over time can be a symptom of pancreatic cancer.
    I saw a doctor a few days ago and she tried her best to reassure me, she felt my stomach and noticed I was a bit bloated and prescribed me some meds to help with gas pain. She said I'd actually been to see the doctor there in 2016/2017 with similar symptoms and she wasn't worried especially since I'm 25.
    It reassured me somewhat but it's more painful today and I'm feeling so anxious. I don't know whether to go back tomorrow and ask to be seen by someone else?

Has anyone had pain like this? Can it be just from gas? I do admit that when the pain is particularly bad a little time later I do pass gas. And I've been diagnosed with IBS for years and often am constipated.
    I'm just worried because the pain is high on my body.. under my ribs, my upper back..

Re: Pain in left side, worried about cancer and P.E (accidentally deleted post - sorr

The original pain hasn't been super noticeable for a few days, but I just had a few minutes where when I breathed in I had a sharp pain on my left side and it was hard to take a deep breath. It made me nervous about PE although I don't have any symptoms of leg swelling or anything.

Re: Pain in left side, worried about cancer and P.E (accidentally deleted post - sorr

You're talking about serious medical situations that require immediate medical attention. There's no mistaking something is seriously wrong. Yet, here you are, posting on an anxiety forum about the irrational worries of these serious medical conditions. You wouldn't be here seeking reassurance as you would be at A&E. What does that tell you? No 'what ifs' or yeah buts'...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You can ask an admin to re-open a post.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    You're talking about serious medical situations that require immediate medical attention. There's no mistaking something is seriously wrong. Yet, here you are, posting on an anxiety forum about the irrational worries of these serious medical conditions. You wouldn't be here seeking reassurance as you would be at A&E. What does that tell you? No 'what ifs' or yeah buts'...

Positive thoughts
    Thank you. I'm just so anxious tonight. I'm so worried about P.E. I still have some minor pain on my left side when breathing in. I don't know whether to call a family member and ask them to take me to hospital. I don't want to waste anyone's time but googling got me so anxious.

Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitis View Post
    I don't want to waste anyone's time but googling got me so anxious.
    Dr Google strikes again!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Dr Google strikes again!

Positive thoughts
    I appreciate your replies and I know I'm seeking reassure here. But, if it was P.E, I'd probably have the swollen/leg blood clot too, right? And it wouldn't have been painful/uncomfortable over a few weeks, right?

Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitis View Post
    I appreciate your replies and I know I'm seeking reassure here. But, if it was P.E, I'd probably have the swollen/leg blood clot too, right? And it wouldn't have been painful/uncomfortable over a few weeks, right?
    Right?

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 29-06-19 at 22:30.

Worried about pancreatic cancer

I've had pain/discomfort under my left rib for months now.. I went to the doctor when it first started and she refered me for an ultrasound scan of my upper body, I had it and nothing was found. I didn't worry too much about it after that even though the pain remained. I've been having a hard time recently and started worrying about it again, especially since I've realised my stools are a little lighter in colour. I'm so anxious about this.

Re: Worried about pancreatic cancer

Did the pain go away though?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information