Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chances I could have pancreatic cancer?

Re: Worried about pancreatic cancer

No, it's there almost everyday, not every single second but most of the time.

Why not pop back to the docs and ask them ?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Why not pop back to the docs and ask them ?
    I will, I just hope it's ok. I'm currently waiting for another scan on my ovaries because they found cysts (they reassured me it's common) I'm not sure how much more waiting for results I can take. The last couple of weeks I've been so stressed about that. I'm convinced I have pancreatic cancer that's spread to my ovaries or vice versa.

Hi

I had a cyst on my ovary, it went away on its own. They are indeed common, try not to worry too much (easier said than done). If they screened your pancreas and it came back clear, then its clear. Have you changed your diet lately? That can affect the colour of your stools. Mine vary in colour, and I assume other peoples do too

take care

Inanna

Quote Originally Posted by Inanna View Post
    Hi

I had a cyst on my ovary, it went away on its own. They are indeed common, try not to worry too much (easier said than done). If they screened your pancreas and it came back clear, then its clear. Have you changed your diet lately? That can affect the colour of your stools. Mine vary in colour, and I assume other peoples do too

take care

Inanna
    Thanks Inanna. Was your cyst tracked with scans? Mine was identified with a scan and they want to check it again in a few weeks.

And I haven't changed my diet I don't think, but I do eat a lot of fatty foods usually and a lot of dairy, so maybe it's that.

Maybe change your diet and watch and see

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Lost 10lb in 1 month

I weighed myself for the first time in a month today and I'm 10lb lighter than I was before. I've been going through a lot of intense anxiety and I haven't been eating much & I've been feeling sick a lot (although yesterday I ate about my normal amount)

Obviously I'm worried about cancer - that's what I've been anxious about over the last month. I'm awaiting a second scan on my ovaries to check a cyst, my doctor has tried to reassure me that she and the people who did the scan don't suspect cancer at all (my scan will be 6 weeks after my first one)

I had blood tests checking hormone levels, liver and kidney function and full blood count etc about a month ago too, also in the summer I had an ultrasound on my upper body because of pain in my left side under my ribs, the ultrasound was clear.

Is it likely this weight loss is from my anxiety? 10lbs seems like such a lot

Re: Lost 10lb in 1 month

Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitis View Post
    I've been going through a lot of intense anxiety and I haven't been eating much
    ^ cause and effect.

10 pound over four weeks isn’t actually that much to be honest.

Positive vibes,

Mouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Totally anxiety. Happens to
    Me a LOT.

Ok I weighed myself tonight after forcing myself to eat more today, and I'm about 3lbs heavier than this morning. Does weight loss with cancer fluctuate like this or if you put pounds on, does it seem unlikely that the loss was cancer related?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information