Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chances I could have pancreatic cancer?

Re: Lost 10lb in 1 month

Of course you’re heavier, you have food in you!

We often fluctuate even as much as 5 pounds in a day depending on toilet habits and what we eat or drink.

I’ve lost a lot more than you have during a stressful month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Only weigh at the same time each day and if you don't eat then of course you will lose weight.
    It has nothing to do with having cancer

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

01) It's totally normal to drop 10 pounds over a four week period if you're not eating much.
    02) You'd have more concerning/additional symptoms if it was cancer - it wouldn't just be a case of you're losing some weight.
    03) If the doctors were concerned at all they'd be fast-tracking your scans.

You don't have cancer. You're losing weight because you're not eating due to being so anxious. Positive thoughts, love. xx

I've lost 15 pounds since October. Cause? Back to work, not sitting on my ass and eating less. I'm actually thrilled! You have an obvious cause and effect as well. To think otherwise, especially after seeing the normal fluctuation is totally irrational

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitis View Post

Obviously I'm worried about cancer - that's what I've been anxious about over the last month.
    Why obviously cancer? You have just said you're going through a bout of intense anxiety (which in itself burns way more calories) and also not eating as much. That's what's obvious.

For the record, I moved house about 9 months ago and lost 21lbs in 3 weeks.

It's normal.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Dang dude! What did you do? Starve yourself?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Did you measure yourself under exactly the same conditions though? Daily weight can change by 4-5lbs due to eating, drinking, not having a poo, the weight of clothing, etc. So, maybe it's less weight than you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Dang dude! What did you do? Starve yourself?

Positive thoughts
    I was struggling to get 1000 cals a day in I felt so stressed. Not anxious, but you know when stress levels are so high you're almost buzzing?

But, as I'm about 30lbs overweight anyway, losing 10lb in two days is really very easy. In the short term, 'starvation' is not an issue at all. It takes months of undereating to really do any harm, so I just rolled with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Why obviously cancer? You have just said you're going through a bout of intense anxiety (which in itself burns way more calories) and also not eating as much. That's what's obvious.

It's normal.
    Since I have a followup scan, I've just been terrified/convinced of cancer. In the past when I've been checked, there's never been a follow up so I guess since there is this time, my mind has gone to the worst possible scenario.
    My brain is going from either ovarian cancer (because of the scan follow up, and I had some minor bleeding outside of my period last month) and pancreatic cancer, because I've had pain under my left rib for many months now and 9/10 of my stools for months have been loose.
    It's just really hard to know if my symptoms are anxiety or not. Noticing I lost weight just made me feel worse.

Chances I could have pancreatic cancer?

I've had intermittent left side pain for months. In summer I got an ultrasound which came back clear. The last month or so the pain has been worse, I've also been only having loose toilet visits and I noticed sometimes they even look a little pale.
    Yesterday I was in the ER for pain and feeling unwell, they took all standard bloods and a urine sample, the bloods were fine but I was dehydrated so they put me on a drip for a bit with anti sickness and hydration.
    The nurse said since my bloods were ok she wouldn't send me for an emergency endoscopy but would write to my doctor who can organise one.

So yeah, my question is, would they have picked something up through my bloods? I'm just nervous about waiting and I wonder if I should push them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information