Thread: Meds or CBT... stuck in Als/mnd rabbit hole desperate

Meds or CBT... stuck in Als/mnd rabbit hole desperate

Hi everyone I posted a month or so ago regarding a constant twitch in my thigh, this has gone now so all good. I have health anxiety and can be rational about it sometimes lol. So il keep it short, I have been having full body twitches all over for around 3 months but I have disregarded them as anxiety and not really worried about them. Unfortunately 1 week ago I couldn't sleep (unrelated to HA) and only ended up getting 2hrs sleep and woke up with a twitch on the very tip of my tounge right side. It's not a quiver or anything like that it's a genuine twitch I can see and feel, it's only small and sort of feels like a pulling sensation. I tried to block it out but it will not go away and has definitely thrown me down the rabbit hole. I will not google symptoms so not entirely sure if tounge twitching is significant or anything like that. So looking for 1. A bit of reassurance I guess, has anyone on here had anything like this? And 2. Has anyone cured health anxiety and if so how? Thanks for reading.

Re: Meds or CBT... stuck in Als/mnd rabbit hole desperate

Anyone?

I like to think of health anxiety more like an addiction that I'll always be recovering from. But I did, indeed, get into recovery mode with consistent therapy.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Regards

Elen Admin

ps have a look through the posts on this forum and you will see lots of people with similar symptoms

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Regards

Elen Admin

ps have a look through the posts on this forum and you will see lots of people with similar symptoms
    Thankyou I have trawled this forum looking for similar stories but haven't found any regarding tounge twitches :(

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    I like to think of health anxiety more like an addiction that I'll always be recovering from. But I did, indeed, get into recovery mode with consistent therapy.
    Yeah I totally get that.. did you use meds also? Iv tried a rang of SSRIs but the side effects are unbearable:(

Also does anybody know if bfs causes tounge twitches I darnt research it myself as it's too closely associated with Als on google and I dont want to see stuff like that lol.. could do with someone the find me some facts about it haha (bfs in the tounge)

Quote Originally Posted by Dewsy201000 View Post
    Yeah I totally get that.. did you use meds also? Iv tried a rang of SSRIs but the side effects are unbearable:(
    I haven't tried meds. I was breast feeding at the time and that plus my health anxiety kept me off meds, but the therapy worked so well that I've not considered them at this point. I know A LOT of people who have had great success with meds, though. I don't know if this is available in the UK but i know there is a genetic test you can get to determine which type of meds will work for your body and avoid a lot of the trial and error of SSRIs/side effects. I only know it exists, but nothing about how you go about getting it or what it costs. But I do know several people who have done it and quickly found the exact med that works best for them.

To comment on the twitching, I've had twitching just about everywhere!! My tongue was twitching just the other day when my stress level got very high (my daughter was in the hospital). I also have TMJ and get migraines so when I'm stressed out I tend to clench my jaw and it can cause all kinds of head/neck symptoms including tingling and twitching all over my face.

Also, I Googled for you also and it said, "even the tongue may be affected" re: BFS.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    I haven't tried meds. I was breast feeding at the time and that plus my health anxiety kept me off meds, but the therapy worked so well that I've not considered them at this point. I know A LOT of people who have had great success with meds, though. I don't know if this is available in the UK but i know there is a genetic test you can get to determine which type of meds will work for your body and avoid a lot of the trial and error of SSRIs/side effects. I only know it exists, but nothing about how you go about getting it or what it costs. But I do know several people who have done it and quickly found the exact med that works best for them.

To comment on the twitching, I've had twitching just about everywhere!! My tongue was twitching just the other day when my stress level got very high (my daughter was in the hospital). I also have TMJ and get migraines so when I'm stressed out I tend to clench my jaw and it can cause all kinds of head/neck symptoms including tingling and twitching all over my face.

Also, I Googled for you also and it said, "even the tongue may be affected" re: BFS.
    Thank you for googling that for me that's awesome of you . I will look into the meds a bit more I think. I wish my tounge would stop twitching I'm hyper focused on it probably the reason it's still twitching:( but it's so hard to just forget about it. At the minute tho it's my only symptom so that's a good sign

Thread Information