Thread: Scared a heart attack is coming

Scared a heart attack is coming

I've become a serial poster of late as my anxiety is at an all time high. I went to the drs on Tuesday as I've had an uncomfortable tight chest and my upper back hurts. I am a busy working mum and am stressed most of the time. Plus my sleep is always disturbed by my baby waking.

Since Saturday I felt a cold coming on and I've been really snotty (sorry) with it running down my throat. No cough though. But my throat feels thick and full. I've had some indigestion too. I went to the dra on Tuesday and he did a thorough examination and listened to my chest and heart for a while. He said it was absolutely clear and my heart sounded fine. I explained the pains and he said can be indigestion but also tension. I'm used to tense muscles but the pain in my upper back feels deeper. It doesn't hurt when I breathe but it does hurt when I stretch. I'd say it's more of a deep ache and it feels like it goes into my chest. The pain is right down the middle between the nape of my neck and my bra strap. It sometimes goes around my shoulder blades and also my ribs.

I'm 41 and generally in good health. Over the last 12 months I've had numerous ecgs and two 24 hour ecgs and an echocardiogram. All normal apart from PVCs which have been attributed to my anxiety triggering the flight or fight response.

I'm really scared of this back pain as it feels so deep. I've gone through all the usual worries i.e. pulmonary embolism. I'm getting in a right state. I am literally at the drs every week and I don't want to keep going but my anxiety and symptoms make me.

I'm terrified that there's an impending heart attack as I've read in women that you don't get the typical signs and upper back pains and feelings of indigestion can be a heart attack in disguise.

Can anyone help? I'm beside myself with worry.

Re: Scared a heart attack is coming

You've had all the tests; they would have picked up on something.

Time to start treating the anxiety.

Re: Scared a heart attack is coming

I agree with Blue.

The lack of sleep is likely the cause. Lack of sleep is a trigger for many with anxiety and can cause all sorts of physical symptoms inc. aches and pains. Prolonged stressful periods like this can cause colds too. As a parent, and a regular babysitter to a 1 year old, I fully understand where you are coming from. The weekends when I have my nephews/nieces is fun but I get little sleep and it affects me negatively.

Speak to your doctor about your anxiety. My child has caused uncountable bouts of anxiety and depression, but it's because he's growing and learning and I love him

Thread Information