Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: buddy help lines

buddy help lines

nic
    paddington and myself were talking on the phone today, we think it would be a great idea for people who find it difficult to travel places, would probably feel better just knowing that they could talk to someone or even text someone whilst they were travelling if they get a bit anxious, hard to explain but i'll try say someone wants to go to london, if there were people on here who live enroute to london, would they be willing to give that person their phone number it would be like a safety net for people, just knowing they could call them if they get stuck with how their feeling,let me know what you think, mary i hope you don't mind me mentioning this
    denise

Re: buddy help lines

Hi

We looked at this before a long time ago and asked if people would like to join a list of members that people could call but people were worried so didn't want to do it.

They were worried about getting texts asking for help and not feeling up to it or unable to reply etc etc.

We did try to set it up but it fell flat.

I guess people feel better texting someone they know off here and at a guess they would have given people permission to text/call them before doing so.

It is an excellent idea but maybe one that only works with people who know each other and are comfortable texting each other.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Im more than happy for people to use my number to text if they are feeling rough, sometimes i feel i can help people other than myself

Can I just add that if people are willing to do this then I am more than happy to try and manage it with a list of numbers etc - I am not dismissing it - just saying what happened last time I tried to set it up.

There was also the problem of some people didn't like calling people they didn't know.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

The way i look at it people have helped me with info on here, helped me when ive had bad days think its time to return the favour

hi nic
    that would be very helpful, frankie im with you on this anybody can have my number if it helps them to get to where they want to go then i say phone or text me even if we dont know each other it doesnt matter really as we are all in the same boat here, we all know what the anxiety is like and just knowing someone is a phone call away really helps in anxious situations
    take care all
    denise

Precisely well I have 2 numbers 'lucky me eh' but one of them I can deffo use if people are having a down day

Im definitely up for it. I think its a great idea.
    I get really panicky going to far away from home.
    Im hoping go on hol next year to hampshire, so im sure it would be a great help.
    Im fine with anyone having my number. Im more than willing to help anyone feeling panicky.

Take care
    LYNN xx

I would also be willing to join. I find when I am in a panicky situation that talking to someone helps me get through it. I have to have someone sit in the car with me if I want to drive somewhere just so I can talk to them. Am due to start work on Monday and need all the support I can get as I am going to have to drive to get there, it is less than 5 mins away but the journey is already scaring me.

I think it's a great idea. Whenever I try going out walking on my own I always get my partner to phone me on my mobile so that he can talk to me and keep me calm whilst I am out. I wonder how we coped before mobile phones

I live quite close to the main line that goes to London Euston and would be more than happy to offer any help. I know years ago when I would walk to the tube to get to work I always felt comforted by the fact that I had to walk past the Dr's surgery enroute and it really helped me a lot just knowing that there was a 'safe' place there for me if I needed it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information