Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else anxious about this election....

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Anyone else anxious about this election....

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    It's in bits because of chronic underfunding by the Tories. It has been dismantled piece by piece and presented as an entity that needs saving. The Brexit deal pushes through policies that ensure that there will be no trade opposition to US health insurance companies coming in and picking the meat off the bones.
    Absolutely. That was the intention from the beginning. The NHS is now seen as "unsustainable" in its current form and a "new" model will be needed. The door is now wide open for all and sundry

Never Surrender, Comrade

It's the callousness of it that does my head in.

Further education is another sector that the Tories have absolutely decimated - it helps that it's not as glamorous as cute kids or elite universities. As a result of this, a significant number of my capable and talented colleagues are being laid off five days before Christmas and it's breaking my heart.

So that's it, is it? Fascism today, Fascism tomorrow, Fascism forever!

I hate to say it, Frank, but I think you might actually have a point this time.

In that case, I think I might renounce my citizenship!

Frank,

You need you be wary of letting this feed your fear.

Sir, in case you haven't noticed, #notmygovernment is trending on Twitter right now, and they've all come to the same conclusion I have: WE ARE DOOMED.

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    The NHS is already in bits and on the verge of collapse. I'm afraid gradual privatisation by stealth will be advanced as the bitter pill to save it.
    Started under PFI. The interest on that has been killing the NHS for ages.

I do think the NHS needs protecting from forces though and should not be the political football it always has been.

One problem in this election was there was a danger of this whether your voted Tory or Labour. If the US gets it's trade deal into the EU under the same terms as last time, and we are no longer members, it will be up to the EU to give us an opt out of that deal (something no other CU has) when it comes to the clauses about opening up nationalised industries including health (EU states get an opt out...but that won't be us anymore if a 2nd ref voted for Corbyn's CU deal if he didn't get his special opt out that the EU won't allow the other CU's to have). This issue was just ignored in the debate yet was one big reason why we were opposed to TTIP last time.

Better to enshrine some local UK laws to protect it from such agreements so we can't sign up to stuff like that without law change.

I'd probably say screwed rather than actually doomed. Life may very well be measurably worse, but it will still go on.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    Sir, in case you haven't noticed, #notmygovernment is trending on Twitter right now, and they've all come to the same conclusion I have: WE ARE DOOMED.
    Frank, I said that because you are far from objective on these issues. Of course people have opinions like that. Opinions will be ranging from Boris being Mr cute & fluffy to currently sacrificing cabinet ministers on an alter in No 10. Do you think people didn't say stuff like this before the internet existed? Remember, there a lot of tribal people in politics and the internet is just a big torch shining a light on the soapboxes of old. Ask the miners of the 70's what they thought when they were facing the police across picket lines.
    Ask the people in traditional industry towns who watched their employers ship off out of the country leaving them all on the dole for years.

As someone who is triggered in his anxiety by things like this you are Googling the worst case cancer stories of the HAer. How is that going to help your anxiety? It will make your anxiety worse because your reactions to it are seen through the prism of anxiety.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information