Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiralling

Re: Sepsis

I agree - sepsis is life threatening

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Laryngeal cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypomania View Post
    I don't think there's anything selfish about what he posted, he has a concern, and he brought it up to a SUPPORT forum. I honestly think it's incredibly ignorant to chastise somebody who suffers from HA, which has loads of overlap with OCD tendencies, for Googling. Telling someone to simply "stop Googling" is about as effective as telling someone with HA to "just relax".

If ignoring our HA/obsessive tendencies were that easy, I assume the traffic on this site would be much much lower. Why don't you suggest some actual strategies to avoid reassurance seeking or obsessive checking, rather than throwing a bizarre accusation of promoting health anxiety on behalf of a widely available search engine to someone who needs help?
    If people were so triggered the last place they would ever visit would be the HA board. It's not a safe space away from all talk of disease. But then why is HA so special that this is needed? Anxiety sufferers outside of HA are met with their triggers all day every day and yet it's HA where this issue seems to come up. Just waking up is a trigger for many let alone a post on a forum (which can be skipped over or not even opened). It's the nature of inclusivity.

Sadly if you want to tackle your anxiety you will get exposed to it. Unless you only do 1-2-1 therapy you have to expect to hear the problems of others.

Zippy - I get what you mean when you say you can't stop yourself. It's the nature of OCD in that the more severe the harder it is to resist. You can resist though, it can just feel like an instinctual urge you have to do it. It may take time to see progress but look towards compulsion elimination techniques because they will make you feel you are more in control of the decision to act on a compulsion. The overall anxiety will also decrease as you do this.

How do they check? Going drs todaż to tell her my worries.

Are you going to discuss your rampant health anxiety?

Symptoms of sepsis include;

• patches of discolored skin.
    • decreased urination.
    • changes in mental ability.
    • low platelet (blood clotting cells) count.
    • problems breathing.
    • abnormal heart functions.
    • chills due to fall in body temperature.
    • unconsciousness.
    • If you had sepsis you would not be posting on this forum, you would be in A&E with a number of debilitating symptoms

• Nothing about what you've said indicates sepsis. It's a complication of untreated infections which is very obvious and very life threatening, so try to relax while you wait for that Dr.!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Are you going to discuss your rampant health anxiety?
    Agree with BI here. I did ask the same question regarding your GP appointment earlier this week.

I'm going to a councillor. She took everything temp, sats, blood pressure. Not sepsis. Maybe a bit of inflammation going on with the stye/chalzion.

No s*** it's not sepsis.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    I'm going to a councillor. She took everything temp, sats, blood pressure. Not sepsis. Maybe a bit of inflammation going on with the stye/chalzion.
    And do you think counselling is helping with HA?

Never Surrender, Comrade

I haven't been yet.

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information