Thread: Cold and flu season, any of you deal with a fever but no respritory or congestion?

Cold and flu season, any of you deal with a fever but no respritory or congestion?

Hey guys, rather than google up a storm and realize I am surely dying again, I am once again coming to you, the anxiety monster knocking at the door. I have spent the last 36 hours with joint and muscle pain and a fever, but no other symptoms. Anyone deal with stuff like this? I am away from my usual health care system, and it is a little soon to go in anyway, but just never had a fever and joint pain without a cough and/or nasal congestion. New one for me, anyone else?

Aside from that, it was working towards a pretty awesome holiday season, hopefully kick this to curb and resume my previously scheduled awesome holidays.

Merry xmas everyone!

Re: Cold and flu season, any of you deal with a fever but no respritory or congestion

Yeah, it's happened to me before, more than once. It feels cruddy, I know, but it can and does happen. I hope you feel well soon.

Re: Cold and flu season, any of you deal with a fever but no respritory or congestion

An infection can cause one or twenty symptoms, and anything in between.

Accept it for what it is, and don't analyse or compare what you think it should be against what it actually is.

Stand back and look at this, you are worrying because you're not suffering enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    An infection can cause one or twenty symptoms, and anything in between.

Accept it for what it is, and don't analyse or compare what you think it should be against what it actually is.

Stand back and look at this, you are worrying because you're not suffering enough.
    If this isn't accurate I don't know what is. Haha. I've spent way too much time over the years doing exactly this. I still catch myself trying to do it from time to time.

Different strains, different pains.

I've had what seems to be a throat infection thingie for over 2 weeks now. The first 5 days were aches and bad heads, some nasal issues, etc so it was a cold and my dad did have something similiar not long before. It's just stuck around and become all about the throat now. No issues with lungs and since I have asthma I know how that would show up.

Dose up and keep an eye on it. I normally find dosing across the day with smaller volumes of vitamin C sort me out (cleared 5+ infections like this in the last few years). The body can't hold all those 1000mg volumes the supplement companies flog, you just excrete most of it. Keeping plasma levels up over the course of the day is the better approach. Just wans't enough this time so I'm on day 3 of penicillin hoping I might have a voice again soon!

Hope you feel better soon. Don't let HA get it's way, you've done brilliantly over the last year or so tackling all that. Remember that!

Awesome guys, appreciate it. Really do have a happy holiday =)

Thread Information